• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II 2000 Crew Cab

Stonepicker1

I let the truck run for about 1 hour after filling with fresh fuel and a new fuel filter. Checked to see if there were any problems like over-heating / leaks or strange sounds...all looks good.
Put the truck in drive and reverse and transmission is working (in driveway...no brakes)

The battery gage was staying in the "Yellow" so I removed the inverter from behind the rear seat and sure enough the 30 amp fuse was blown. Replace the fuse and the needle is just in the "Green" now.

Still looking for a rear axle....finding a lot of good deals, but they are over 1000 miles away. Nothing close by yet.

:beer: BLOWS COLD AC :beer:

Attachments

lavarok

Thanks. Interesting, I see the input is 12v and output is 24v. What systems operate as 24v in the truck?
The sure power I used in my M1010 is reverse of this, 24v to 12v @ 100amp.

Stonepicker1

Thanks. Interesting, I see the input is 12v and output is 24v. What systems operate as 24v in the truck?
The sure power I used in my M1010 is reverse of this, 24v to 12v @ 100amp.
The starter is 24 volts, NATO slave cable hookup in grill is for 24 volt and so is the guage on the dash.
I guess you could hook-up a 24 volt radio system.

Stonepicker1

Lol......not much.
I haven't had time to work on the rear axle yet.....still thinking of making it a dually. Been looking for parts. It starts right up and blows cold A/C.
Someone won the "no title" CUCV-II crew cab out of VA last week. I was bidding, but went to high not doing a preview on it.

mudman

Man...That is alot of change right there, for a common truck with I.F.S. I hope it atleast has a locker in it some where. Coulda'a built two m1028's for that!!!!

Stonepicker1

mr.travo

Phil-

You do great and very detailed work my friend! I am looking forward to watching your step by step progress with this one as well. The only thing that disappoints me is that I am not closer to help!

Keep us posted,

Travo

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Phil,

Think I should buy this and put the rear axle under my CUCV-II?

4.10 gears. It is at the insurance pool, as it was beat to heck by a hail storm.

Attachments

andytk5

Anymore updates on the truck or the axle swap? Love the idea of a dually cucvII, looks like you could just swap on the fenders and paint to match. Looking into getting one of these, how is the interior noise on the Hwy vs the M1009 or M1008?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With my single cab CUCV-II the ride is like night and day. Super quite and with A/C!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks