• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV-II, South Florida Rebuild

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I put some GAA grease on the inside of the seal were it meets the crank, then put permatex #2 sealant on the outer rim of the seal. Used the mallet to start to seat the seal. I then used the old seal to finish seating the seal. You don't want to seat it to far in.
They make a tool to do this, just didn't have one on hand.
Me neither, got me worried, the seal seems like it's some kind of hard rubber. How did you determine yours was damaged?

Stonepicker1

Me neither, got me worried, the seal seems like it's some kind of hard rubber. How did you determine yours was damaged?
I just went ahead and replaced the seals now that I had the engine pulled. it's just easier to do it now than later. Not sure if the rear main was leaking, but I had a small leak on the front.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
I've already done the transmission input seal, waiting for the Dorman injector return lines and I will finish the motor

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Phil, is there a ground strap connecting the engine to the firewall. Mine doesn't have one.

Stonepicker1

Installed the oil cooler lines to the oil cooler today.
All I have left to do is the crossover exhaust pipe and fluids. I'm off Monday so I should be able to fire this puppy up.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
No cheap clips?

Looks good Phil. You are the 6.5 expert in my books.

No issues with my truck since I got it back together. I still need to add an additional ground strap for the cab. I'll wait until it warms up.

I do need to buy a good spare PMD. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

lavarok

No cheap clips?

Looks good Phil. You are the 6.5 expert in my books.

No issues with my truck since I got it back together. I still need to add an additional ground strap for the cab. I'll wait until it warms up.

I do need to buy a good spare PMD. Any recommendations?
Pensacola diesel has some good pricing on new PMDs.

Stonepicker1

IT RUNS....Got it started tonight, took longer than I thought it would. I couldn't understand why it wouldn't start....pulled the fuel filter and turn the key on to power the electric fuel pump and nothing......Dumped 10 gallons of fuel into the tank and bam!!!...Now I have fuel flowing.....now to recharge the batteries and try again.....after some more cranking, she finally started. It sounds real good.:-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIurSGwSsbo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUjBr7aecLfyF_uUgkwVcNbw

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now comes the most difficult dilemma. Which CUCV II do I drive? LOL. Side note, are you driving a GOV vehicle to Blanding this weekend?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks