• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV IIs on the Market?

flippydidit

I bought one from a private seller. It's only the third I've ever seen. The other two were in Iraq. I'm hoping more become available. This one wasn't cheap. My bank account still aches.

Stonepicker1

I bought one from a private seller. It's only the third I've ever seen. The other two were in Iraq. I'm hoping more become available. This one wasn't cheap. My bank account still aches.
Looking at your signature, "1993 CUCV-II"

I don't think it is a "true" CUCV-II.

CUCV-II were made between 1996 to 2001.

What does the data plate say?

combat32

Local Air Guard base here in Ft. Smith Arkansas has at least 3 that I have seen, two trucks and one blazer.They seem to get used quite a bit as I see them on the road a lot.

idM1028

Doubt it. Even when I was over there a couple years ago, the Iraqi army was getting all our old, worn out HMMWV's. The Iraqi police were getting shiny, brand-spanking new Superdutys. I even heard about the Iraqi army getting Abrams tanks :cookoo:

idM1028

Looking at your signature, "1993 CUCV-II"

I don't think it is a "true" CUCV-II.

CUCV-II were made between 1996 to 2001.

What does the data plate say?
Oh yeah, from Wikipedia. Their words, not mine:
"Chevrolet had been building a few CUCVs since the 1986 model year, mainly in low numbers to accommodate military markets that need replacements or other units that need this style of vehicle. In 1996 Chevrolet decided to start building a new generation of a CUCV to try and regain their marketplace in this niche. Mostly the US Air Force was occasionally buying small batches of these units and then GM dubbed them as the CUCV II generation. These were produced through 2001 and were civilian units sent to another plant for "militarization" on special order."

flippydidit

Phil, I think you're correct. Mine must be some kind of oddball. It was a Navy truck that was "retro-fitted" as far as I can tell. I posted pictures of the data plates (door and engine) on my profile. The plates are misleading, since the door plate says the curb weight is 3901, but the engine plate says 5540 (if I'm reading them correctly). Let me know what you think Phil.

Are you going to the Florida rally at the Withlacoochee this year?

olly hondro

Steel Soldiers Supporter
stone pickr, I thought I saw that rig at the Hilton Gardens in Las Cruces NM awhile back...didn't know what I was lookin at though 8<)

Stonepicker1

combatmech

I have seen one or two on the market over the past two years. I'm sure they are out there. If the seller knows what he or she has, you'll pay.
Didnt see any of the Tahoe CUCV2's overseas...at least not at Balad. I saw a pick-up or two sitting at the DRMO though....No engines, no fenders, just a heap of scrap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks