• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Inner Fender Mount Bolts

Barrman

While I was finding and fixing the loose motor mounts bolts on the Bomber last week. I also found all 4 inner fender to cab bolts loose. They looked fine while doing tire or brake work. It wasn't until I was under the truck wondering how to pick up the engine and get the motor mount bolt back in that I could see the big washer under the bolt was away from the fender.

Once they were tight. Lots of noises I have been worried about went away. I was pretty much convinced the lower control arm mount shaft was worn down even though it tested ok because any twisting of the body made some thunking noises I did not like.

I checked both M1009's and only 1 of the bolts was loose on them. Just another thing to look at and forget for a few years.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks