• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Inner Fender Mount Bolts

Barrman

While I was finding and fixing the loose motor mounts bolts on the Bomber last week. I also found all 4 inner fender to cab bolts loose. They looked fine while doing tire or brake work. It wasn't until I was under the truck wondering how to pick up the engine and get the motor mount bolt back in that I could see the big washer under the bolt was away from the fender.

Once they were tight. Lots of noises I have been worried about went away. I was pretty much convinced the lower control arm mount shaft was worn down even though it tested ok because any twisting of the body made some thunking noises I did not like.

I checked both M1009's and only 1 of the bolts was loose on them. Just another thing to look at and forget for a few years.