• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV m1008 bed conversion

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks great. Love to hear a little more about the SM465 swap, getting ready to do one myself.

cook6657

I was easy except the trans with np205 weigh about as much as the truck. I also made it easier by buying a complete truck and parking them side by side. You just need to swap the flywheel for a flex plate(externally balanced) the clutch is a 12 inch same as any SBC clutch. I had the pedal assembly and steering column. the linkage assembly bolts up. The circle in the floor of your CUCV is also going to need to cut out. I used a cheap plasma cuter to make it easier. I would suggest going to a junk yard and finding one with the NP205. It is alot of work, but not hard. Also you can reuse your front shaft. You will have to grind it a little to allow it to drop down if you are lifted, and the rear shaft will have to be made. I had Tom Woods make one. It is a great swap, my truck drives like an old dump truck now. Once it was all built, it just didn't seem right to leave it as an auto. I love it.:D:grd:

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Sir. I have been collecting parts for a year now. I'm quite certain I have everything and two of about half of it. If you did mechanical linkage, did the pivot ball plate that bolts to the frame, bolt up to the existing holes where the frame support is located?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks