• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv price?

jpwilson

I am new to mvs but i have always loved them. at first i wanted a duece but the more i thought about it i wanted something i could use more like to haul wood or go camping in. so my question is what is a good price for a m1008 or a m1009 with nothing special about it? just a normal cucv. thanks for your time.

jpwilson

alright thanks. i found a 1009 for about 2000. but its missing the back glass and the hood looks a little dented with also has 92k on it. does it sound like a good deal? I am going to try and get in touch with the guy tomorrow and find out about it.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
There are so many varibles when buying an MV you have to decide what it's worth to you.

A while back a nice CUCV sold for more than a nice M916 at Redstone.:cookoo:

You will prob pay more for a CUCV than you wll a deuce.

I don't like the CUCV family of vehicles. They are prone to electrical issues and the rear window on the Blazer is a monument to planned obsolesence.

deuce_09

alright thanks. i found a 1009 for about 2000. but its missing the back glass and the hood looks a little dented with also has 92k on it. does it sound like a good deal? I am going to try and get in touch with the guy tomorrow and find out about it.
I'd pay that if it runs drives and stops. A back glass w/weatherstripping and a hood is SUPER cheap and easy to come by on those trucks.

OL AG '89

WM why so negative on the CUCv family?
IT's a GREAT "Beginner" truck, easy to work on, parts are readily available, most repairs don't require special or HEAVY DUTY tools...

As far as "electrical issues" what 25 year old vehicle doesn't have "electrical issues"?
Don't really understand the "rear window on the Blazer is a monument to planned obsolesence"....
You think a window into the rear compartment is an obsolete item? and yet ALL the new models have a window access to the rear compartment unless they have swinging doors.....
You should buy a couple and let the fun begin!!!!

As a side, prices are all over the place. I've bid WAY TOO much for a couple and lost and bid a reasonable amount and won.....
You need to decide what you are willing to pay to buy and then have a stash of money to fix, replace and repair all the parts that are worn out or are wearing out.
This holds true for ALL MV's and ALL OLD vehicles, MV or otherwise...

kenz5380

I paid $1500 for my M1008 and I've put about another $1500 into it. I'll probably have about $4-5000 in it before I feel comfortable driving it all the time, or letting my wife drive it, but overall I think that is a pretty good deal for what I am using as a driver/work vehicle. It has been frustrating, the electrical system especially. Mine came with the electrical system all kinds of hacked apart. If you aren't sure about all that work look for one thats running when you buy it so you can take care of things as they come up, not fight with it just to get it on the road. Overall I am very happy with my truck though. Just know what you are getting into.

jpwilson

thanks for the help guys.i would like to find one thats already good for the road. and just fix problems as that come about. not have to get to work on it when i get it just to be able to drive it. bit if it were small things at first i wouldnt mind. I am just going to be patient and take my time to find the right one.

GPrez

I paid $1240 for my M1009 right out of Gov't service with 41K miles a couple years ago. It took time, patience, and about $1K to make it reliable and run good and then another $1.5K to add the creature comforts I wanted. They seem to go for $2K + at the auctions now, but on the private sale market I'd agree with the $2K to $6K mentioned above depending on miles & condition.

Chief_919

Private seller, $2000-6000 depending on condition for a M1009, $3000-7500 for a M1008 or M1028 depending on condition.

Drop some for GL prices, if you are willing to deal with EUC delays, SF-97 delays, no test drives, etc.

I have a M1008 that I am going to sell as soon as I get a new starter in it. Ex USMC truck, 58k on it, runs good, has a 12v conversion and a 3 inch lift. Needs tires, paint and a cleanup to be a great truck. I am going to ask $3900 for it with all the manuals on a disk, a gallon of OD paint, and some spare parts thrown in. That will give you an idea to go from.

The axles from a M1008/M1028 are so desired by the folks building custom 4x4's that when you start getting any lower than $2500 it is worth more to part the trcuk out, so if you ever see any runners under that they are a steal.

jpwilson

i have my paper work to send in to gl but not being able to drive the truck turns me away from it. and also the long euc wait time for first timers.

GoldComet6

i have my paper work to send in to gl but not being able to drive the truck turns me away from it. and also the long euc wait time for first timers.
My M1009 didn't have an EUC requirement. The GL rep told me their policy was changing for CUCVs, so you may not have to wait...check the specific auction to see. It may still vary by location. :roll:

jpwilson

the nearest place is alabama. and i have found a few around here by private sellers so i am going to look in to the private sellers first.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got one for sale on my military vehicle club I'm a member of for $5k...
here's the link an a copy of the ad...
If you were closer, I'd gladly let you test drive it, no problem. Kinda a long way to go for a test drive. But she is a nice truck.

MVCC Online: Resources

Approximately 66k miles. Rebuilt TH400, new master cylinder,new front brakes from the spindle out - including bearings, replaced shocks - gas magnums front, coil overs rear, six tires in great shape, new dash painted correctly. $5000
Contact Jim at mvcc@wallew.org

Last edited:

lthairdog

I paid $2400 out the door for M1009 from GL at Fort Meade in Nov 2010. 58k miles, good body, good interior and runs. It is my first MV, and while dealing w/ GL took time, it wasn't difficult.

firecontrol86

One thing I would say too is these trucks are great depending on your mechanical experience. I've worked on my own cars for at least 6 years, and even though this is my first diesel I can troubleshoot most things pretty easy myself. If you're paying a shop to do all your work you can easily spend 5 grand or more to make one of these trucks the way you want it. But this site also is an awesome resource for things you don't know, and you can almost bet someone else's truck has had the same problem as yours.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks