• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV - Slantback

usmc320

That is pretty cool. Now someone should manufacture it, so I can have another excuse to add a CUCV to the collection.:beer:

colelkhunter

ya know......I have a pretty fair amount of experience with fiberglass. I don't think that would be hard to duplicate. i would think that if you sacrificed one top and used it to make a form, them many could be made from it. What would you do about the back window i wonder? Unless you cut up the top and used the pieces to get the look you wanted and then fill in the gaps.......got me thinking for sure. I may have to give this a try.

colelkhunter

this is more likely a project for the M-5 area of my shop. The area where I cut it to pieces and figure it out, with time to kill I have learned I can accomplish anything. Looks like alot of fiberglass, but doable for sure. Have to figure out the curves and the glass cutouts, but I think the factory glass could be cut and used. The marbles are rollin around for sure.

colelkhunter

I like that hummer slant back look. However I think it would look better with a short window in the back that could be let down for airflow. thinking around 12 inches or so. i am drawing something up on solidworks right now to plan this out. i will go out and get Dims. from the 1009 that is in my driveway. Should be able to figure out whether it is something that could be accomplished by deconstructing the existing top or just start fresh and build from scratch.

Mohawk Dave

I like it. Look at the passenger side rear window-fullsize. lol but the photoshop gets the point across.

And as far as a small window in the back, like a 12" one, you could use a cut down version of the ones they use on regular camper/toppers that just have a handle and flip up.

Now I want another OH9 for this since i just caged mine! Thanks a lot Laurence. lol

-Dave

jimmy-90

That thing looks insanely good!!!! Good enough to possibly cause me to build the roll cage for my civi blazer race truck with similar lines in the back and put sheet metal over it with riveted lexan for windows. I probly never ever would have envisioned something like that on my own. Thank you for the inspiration nvrescue.

ssdvc

Hey !!!!! Put me down for one !!1 I like the idea of the opening rear window. I would assume that the rear portion would be of a hatch type configuration?

that does look **** fine !

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

nvrescue

Banned
OMG, too funny, I stumble upon something on the website and share and you say that, did you also not attack another guy for copying the cross reference parts list too? Who would ever even think of searching something like that? Pick and choose your battles, seriously.....People put something out on the internet it is FOR PUBLIC view and there are NO COPYRIGHTS on these guys individual sites......Anyone no harm intended, I just wanted to share something cool, did not expect to get attacked over it, have a wonderful day!

PS: Here is thye guys link NY-TACTICAL

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks