• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV Snow Plow Trucks and Spreaders

cucvrus

P1000248.jpgP1000249.jpgP1000250.jpgP1000251.jpgP1000252.jpgP1000253.jpgWe had the viewing for Big Red today. Everything else is going to the scrap yard. All is well. Out with the old in with the new. Opportunity knocks. I see a brand new plow truck in the future. Hard to imagine the damage that was done here. That Dana 60 is broken in half. And the transfer case, transmission, starter, and frame with plow mount all scrap. Like I said. If it were a 2018 it would be demolished with this much damage. I know I wouldn't want the truck anymore. Moving to the parts salvage yard. Have a Great Day.

o1951

Be easy on him Rick, I'm sure he has a great reason it broke. I deal with the same thing almost weekly. If it dont belong to them they don't care.

Keep us informed.
Did you ever talk to your driver?
Considering it spent years in plow service, frame is in better shape than I expected.

cucvrus

The truck was in phenomenal shape. I drove it daily for 14 years and it was garage kept. It had a lot of road rash from hard service. But it was not rusty at all. It was getting tired as far as the engine goes for highway use. But running it 75mph on the interstate loaded day in and out for 235K miles was starting to show. The engine runs good. A bit tired. Will be a good engine for voodoo M1009 plow truck.

Mainsail

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The truck was in phenomenal shape. I drove it daily for 14 years and it was garage kept. It had a lot of road rash from hard service. But it was not rusty at all. It was getting tired as far as the engine goes for highway use. But running it 75mph on the interstate loaded day in and out for 235K miles was starting to show. The engine runs good. A bit tired. Will be a good engine for voodoo M1009 plow truck.
cucvrus has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

dougco1

View attachment 741249View attachment 741250View attachment 741251View attachment 741252View attachment 741253View attachment 741254We had the viewing for Big Red today. Everything else is going to the scrap yard. All is well. Out with the old in with the new. Opportunity knocks. I see a brand new plow truck in the future. Hard to imagine the damage that was done here. That Dana 60 is broken in half. And the transfer case, transmission, starter, and frame with plow mount all scrap. Like I said. If it were a 2018 it would be demolished with this much damage. I know I wouldn't want the truck anymore. Moving to the parts salvage yard. Have a Great Day.
Why do I hear taps playing softly in the background.

cucvrus

Laugh we did have the bugle out. Hats were off. No 21 gun salute. No guns allowed in the work place. But I installed the hood and set it out for the viewing. I have a video of the crash. Odd thing is it happened in front of a business and I went and seen a camera. The reported cause was fabricated and the video proved it. Shame. I could handle the truth. It was the lie that ended the story. Have a Great Day.

emeralcove

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Old saying: "rust never sleeps" new saying: "cameras everywhere"................ telling the truth up front saves total humiliation when the lie is revealed on video later.

o1951

Laugh we did have the bugle out. Hats were off. No 21 gun salute. No guns allowed in the work place. But I installed the hood and set it out for the viewing. I have a video of the crash. Odd thing is it happened in front of a business and I went and seen a camera. The reported cause was fabricated and the video proved it. Shame. I could handle the truth. It was the lie that ended the story. Have a Great Day.
Well, are you going to tell the rest of the story-- or keep us in the dark? Whatever busted the rear like that had to be a good one.

emeralcove

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe dropping into "Drive" while in 4-Low while engine was revved to read-line? or the same scenario rolling backwards. Just a guess for that amount of mechanical carnage. Regardless lots of sturdy components broken like toys all at once. As teenager I busted axles on small British cars when I got a wheel spinning in the air and hitting pavement with the engine revved, of course it was on my car at my expense. The first time I blamed it on the "tiny" axle, the second time I asked my Dad , an engineer, what he thought and he "helped" me piece it together so I could see the only "tiny" part was my understanding of how much abuse mechanical parts could tolerate. He didn't chew me out or even raise his voice but the message was LOUD AND CLEAR, LOL. After nearly 30 years I dearly miss my Dad. Butt being a bit ignorant on my part gave my Dad a lot of "teaching moments", he was skillful in his ability to allow me nothing to be defensive about during these lessons.aua

D6T

Just finished getting a Fisher Minute Mount2 set up on my M1028.Wiring was easy and only minor modifications to the tow hook mount to make the push plates fit.
Outstanding!! Can you provide details on the model number(s) of the parts involved? I have a Speedcast setup right now, so the frame is fixed year-round, but would love a Minute Mount!

fitz

I'd also love to see a write up on it if you have the time.
I have a MM2 EZ-V 8.5' plow to go on my M1028.
What were the mods to the shackles? I know most guys leave then off.
Thanks

mainah

Here's the parts lists from Fisher for what you'll need to put the Minute Mount2 on.push plates.jpgI'm having trouble doing more than one page. I'' try to get them all done.

Attachments

mainah

I haven't modified the shackles yet but I don't think it will be too difficult, probably just need to cut one corner to clear the front push plate mount tab.

fitz

Thank you.
My plow is currently mounted on a K5 Blazer. I might run the Blazer for the winter and swap the plow onto the M1028 in the spring.
Thanks again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks