• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cucv stereos

Midnight Rider

I put a over head liner (Highliner) from LMC in my m1008. I really like it. It also has built-in speakers system(it is the same price to buy it with the speakers or without and there pretty good) It is a little pricy (269.95) and made for the truck but I am certain you can make it work on your m1009. LMC Truck Parts: Chevy Chevrolet Blazer S10 GMC Jimmy S15 Ford Bronco Ranger Pickup Pick Up Accessories/Catalogs part number 38-2044-BL or page 111. I need to take pics and show you what it looks like.
I was looking at do my install this way. How does the liner get stuck to the roof though? Glue, screws, ??????

gt1009

You can get an underdash mounting kit and put it in there. Then you don't have to cut the dash and you can use the stereo spot for switches or guages or something.

AJMBLAZER

It has the 2 knobs. Mounts flush. Would have to cut the plastic, but not the dash.
Got a picture? I'm having a hard time picturing this. There's no way a CD would fit through the metal hole in the dash for the display portion of the stereo on any pre-IFS GM truck I've ever seen.

jw4x4

The center hole is deifintely an issue. I saw the 2 knob setup and thought it would fit. Upon further review, probably not, at least not without some cutting. My next option will be to mount a unit on the cage. At least that way it stand a better chance of staying dry. I am leaning towards some type of water resistant system.

Last edited:

AJMBLAZER

That's what I was thinking. For as much work as it would be you could just cut for and install a DIN head unit and be done with it.

Dizzle

I busted apart a better set of computer speakers, and used the built in amplifier. Then found an old phone car charger, and snagged the 12 to 6 Volt converter since my PC speakers used 6V. Then soldered it all together with original volume control and on/off switch into a small box that fits in place of the ash tray. The original jack wire that plugged unto the PC is now in the glove compartment and I can plug in any common MP3 player, radio, etc. I mostly use my phone since it's always there and has a radio and huge MP3 storage. The amp was a bit small to be using with 6x9 speakers, they got drowned out at highway speeds, I installed the original speaker portions of PC speakers into the dash under the vented parts, and they work fine for me. Not impressing any pimped out Civics, but a nice stealthy set up thats always there, and I have unlimited choice of audio input.

I know it's really oddball, but can't hurt to share.

Lawrence of Arabia

Radio Options

I just looked in my LMC catalogue and they offer a modern stereo that fits the GM dash. You can go online at LMCTRUCK.COM and look through their catalogue.

AJMBLAZER

The problem with the LMC stereos is:
A-They aren't all that great
B-They aren't CD players
C-They're a bit high priced

Better to just cut the dash to make a DIN sized CD player fit.

maritimer

well i just put a small shelf stereo between the front seats and plugged it in to my inverter and hook my mp3 player to it. but i been toying with the idead fo pc speakers instead of the shelf stereo to save space

AJMBLAZER

You know...just putting this out there...but for all the ingenuity and work you guys have put into these center mounted stereos and PC speakers and inverters and blah blah blah...it's not terribly hard to put a DIN CD player in the stock location and speakers in the dash and where ever else you want to do it. Basic tools, a metal saw, and a drill along with the components. Do some bargain shopping and you can get the stuff quite cheap. I actually got good components for mine and with a CD player and two sets of speakers I still don't have $250 into mine.

dunedigger

I have 6 of the older gm trucks and have put cd players in all of them right in the dash. I always make two cuts on each side of the stock opening and fold the metal back out of the way but not completly cut it. That way if I ever wanted a post radio back in I can bend it back and tack it back in place. I want to add a radio to my m1009 soon and will put speakers in the dash and that will be good enough for me.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks