• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Cucv tires and rims

davo727

Thanks for the pics and info guys.

I think im going to go with some 37 in radial hummer tires, just need to round up some rims with a high load rating. I looked at pro comp 16.5 steel wheels on fourwheelparts site and the darn things are only rated at 2000 lb each and thats not gonna cut it.

helm1008

Is there anyway to use 37's with a aftermarket steel rim with no spacers? on a M1008 with 6 inch lift?

Last edited:

Baer

I don't know Corporal. I have seen threads that talk about re-centering the Hummer wheels (what ever that is) but I don't know if the wheels just bolt up without spacers. BUT if we keep this thread going maybe someone with more knowledge/experience will jump in.

helm1008

I don't know Corporal. I have seen threads that talk about re-centering the Hummer wheels (what ever that is) but I don't know if the wheels just bolt up without spacers. BUT if we keep this thread going maybe someone with more knowledge/experience will jump in.
I don't want to do hummer wheels. I would like to use aftermarket black powder coated wheel, I'm wondering if they make such a thing with correct back spacing you need for the military 37 radial tire... I've looked online already no one really talks about anything besides spacers on hummer rims which I think a 1 ton with spacers is stupid.

Last edited:

helm1008

You can buy a standard 16.5 rim and mount the military tire. You will still have rubbing issues if you don't lift it.

Vinny
Already lifted it 6 inches. I'm thinking of a 4.25 or 4.50 back spacing will that work with no rubbing issues. I also do not want to trim the fenders. Or should I go with a 36 tire

helm1008

Thanks for the pics and info guys.

I think im going to go with some 37 in radial hummer tires, just need to round up some rims with a high load rating. I looked at pro comp 16.5 steel wheels on fourwheelparts site and the darn things are only rated at 2000 lb each and thats not gonna cut it.
If You are just going to put them on a M1008-09 2000lb rating will work fine. Unless your going to be loading 4000lbs in the bed.