• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCV2/CUCV-II Owners, post pics and info of your truck

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Haven't been on the forums much, but here is some pictures from a recent trip with the CUCVII to the beach. Wrong camo for the environment. Maybe one of these pictures will be good enough to finally win MV of the month on here 👀

Attachments

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've also been working on the new CUCVII. Picking up the new interior parts for this vehicle next week.

Had the rear side windows in both CUCVIIs resealed by a local auto glass company. They were the only ones who would do it, every other company offered only to do total glass replacement. The new CUCVII was leaking terribly, and my restored one was starting to leak at the top. These windows are not like the ones I'm used to. There is no bead that they sit in and the rubber gasket is molded onto it from the factory. The only thing attaching the windows to the body is polyurethane. Upon inspection and removal, the cause of the leak was the topcoat of paint separating from the primer. The polyurethane was undamaged.

Removed the interior, since the jute under mat was soaked from the years of water leaking in the vehicle. Amazingly, I did not snap one bolt and there is almost zero rust on the floor. I had to remove the floor mat and seats anyways for replacement, so it wasn't a big deal.

I removed the grill, bumper, and brush guard so I can take it to the powder coater and so I could duplicate the brush guard. I'm going to powder coat the bumpers and rims 383 green now that I have access to the military powder coats and will do a camo paint job on this one, just like the brochure catalog. Not sure if I will follow the same paint camouflage style, I personally don't like it much, especially how they did the brown. I have a friend with an original camo CUCVII Tahoe and it has a slightly different design. So, I'm thinking of doing a CUCVI camouflage paint style.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also, I've been reproducing the CUCVII brush guards. Should have one or two for sale soon. The rest of the batch is sold.
Put me down for one. Have the fabricator omit the weld joining the right and left halves so it's UPSable.

dougco1

I've also been working on the new CUCVII. Picking up the new interior parts for this vehicle next week.

Had the rear side windows in both CUCVIIs resealed by a local auto glass company. They were the only ones who would do it, every other company offered only to do total glass replacement. The new CUCVII was leaking terribly, and my restored one was starting to leak at the top. These windows are not like the ones I'm used to. There is no bead that they sit in and the rubber gasket is molded onto it from the factory. The only thing attaching the windows to the body is polyurethane. Upon inspection and removal, the cause of the leak was the topcoat of paint separating from the primer. The polyurethane was undamaged.

Removed the interior, since the jute under mat was soaked from the years of water leaking in the vehicle. Amazingly, I did not snap one bolt and there is almost zero rust on the floor. I had to remove the floor mat and seats anyways for replacement, so it wasn't a big deal.

I removed the grill, bumper, and brush guard so I can take it to the powder coater and so I could duplicate the brush guard. I'm going to powder coat the bumpers and rims 383 green now that I have access to the military powder coats and will do a camo paint job on this one, just like the brochure catalog. Not sure if I will follow the same paint camouflage style, I personally don't like it much, especially how they did the brown. I have a friend with an original camo CUCVII Tahoe and it has a slightly different design. So, I'm thinking of doing a CUCVI camouflage paint style.
I see from the first photo your glass man is due for a haircut and shave. By the way, glad to see your working on my next ride.

Another Ahab

Also, I've been reproducing the CUCVII brush guards. Should have one or two for sale soon. The rest of the batch is sold.
Whoa.

That is one SERIOUS metal brake you got there.

I haven't seen one as old school heavy duty as that since I was active duty in the Seabees, and some of the Base shops had pieces like that (old WII vintage stuff):

- Is that YOUR shop?!

- Where did you get that piece?

:drool::driver::drool:

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Figured I would share my collection of CUCVII promotional brochure pictures. They were scattered all over the internet, and someone saved these 20 years ago on their computer and still had access to them when I asked.

Attachments

hrbergeron

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCVII brush guards came out real nice. I should list them for sale by next week. I only have one available for sale.

Attachments

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Time to give this thread some juice. Won a CUCVII this week and looks pretty sweet. I was told it starts and runs but shuts off due to "an issue in the injection pump wire harness". Mhm. Time will tell. Judging by the pics they were chasing something behind the glovebox and gave up. I see a dent in the driver door and the pintle is missing but is otherwise unmolested. I can't want to scope her out but I need to get other projects done first.

Attachments

Another Ahab

Time to give this thread some juice. Won a CUCVII this week and looks pretty sweet. I was told it starts and runs but shuts off due to "an issue in the injection pump wire harness". Mhm.
Nice score there, Brother; Good Luck!!

Please keep us posted of your adventures when you get the time.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks