• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CUCVRUS Repair Projects

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
May be an image of car and road

Sometimes your nuts can be this tight. This guy either staged this or he has a lot of confidence in that 3/8" ratchet. looks like a new Harbor Freight. ICON do it. Named by Arnold Schwarzenegger. Happy Holidays.
Funny how things work...
Every time I have been on the side of the road - needing to change a tire - I've never had a spare truck to pull a ratchet strap like that

:cool:

Maybe this guy could have picked himself up a 4-Way Lug Wrench.
I have seen the cheap ones pop off at the weld - or one of the legs warps off to one side...

cucvrus

It's not every day you get to drive the Honda 4514 tractor with the 383 CARC green paintjob. I taped up all the decals and painted over the red. The Honda dealer was mind blown when he seen it. That was 20 years ago, and I still use the tractor to blow snow and haul the wood splitter into the woods. DSCF7638.JPG
The little Honda 3013 is painted with 686 desert tan CARC and I used it the past 6 winters to haul wood. it started out red and I disassembled it rendered all the grass cutting and catcher capabilities useless and converted it to a rock and wood hauler. hydrostatic equipment is the best.
DSCF8213.JPG
The thought crossed my mind for the Kubota but it quickly left. I will not repaint the Kubota. I wash and wax that machine.
DSCF7925.JPG

cucvrus

1641519676865.png
Can anyone identify the trailer chassis in the picture? Any GVW and do they have air brakes? I was sent this picture and told they could be bought. Any help. I need a trailer chassis for my rock crusher. Any nomenclature on the tan one in the foreground would be helpful. I cannot use an air brake trailer. Thank you. I have not been to see these live yet. Coming soon.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
View attachment 855310
Can anyone identify the trailer chassis in the picture? Any GVW and do they have air brakes? I was sent this picture and told they could be bought. Any help. I need a trailer chassis for my rock crusher. Any nomenclature on the tan one in the foreground would be helpful. I cannot use an air brake trailer. Thank you. I have not been to see these live yet. Coming soon.
cucvrus

I can't tell you what the heck these are, but that tan one in the foreground definitely doesn't have air brakes. Seems like it was built for something pretty darn heavy - because it really has a rack of springs under that axle! The 6 lug wheels might be Bud maybe? It is hard to tell, but the axle seems "jeep wide" rather than "hmmwv wide" maybe - just guessing...

cucvrus

Thank you. I like the looks and the springs on that trailer chassis. I want to find out more about these trailers and get an eyeball on them. I am hoping they have surge brakes on them. Thank you for the reply. I am sure someone else out there knows something about these trailer chassis.

dougco1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 855310
Looks like a M116A3 "the green one in the back" towards the bottom of the pile. That one should be lighter duty and have the surge brakes your looking for.
1641650419198.png

cucvrus

No these do not have leaf springs and the trailer you pictured is not heavy enough for my crusher. Weight, maximum: 3160 lb (1434.64 kg) is 20 lbs more than what the crusher weighs. These have torsion suspension and 4200 GVW. perfect for my application. I don't want the HMMWV tires and wheels. Do they have any useful value?1641652701633.png

cucvrus

The big wheeled 6 lug trailers have leaf springs. But they also have air over hydraulic brakes, and I don't want to mess with them. They are overkill for what I need, and I don't think the distance between the wheel housings is enough to get my Rock Crusher between. But really the air over hydraulic is a deal killer for me. The small HMMWV trailers are the ticket.
1641654368862.png

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The big wheeled 6 lug trailers have leaf springs. But they also have air over hydraulic brakes, and I don't want to mess with them. They are overkill for what I need, and I don't think the distance between the wheel housings is enough to get my Rock Crusher between. But really the air over hydraulic is a deal killer for me. The small HMMWV trailers are the ticket.
View attachment 855394
Do you think the torsilastic axle will be what you want since all that weight will always be on that rubber in that axle ? Seems like it would finally start to sink over time

cucvrus

That would be a new one on me. We built trailers at work, and we had the torsion axles as an option. It was a popular option, I never heard of any issues with torsion axles. I would have thought the military would have thought of that. I am willing to take the chance. I am not even near half the GVW that is listed. And for what I am using it for it will work perfect. Now I need to get it home and titled.

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Torsion tube axles fail all the time when they fail the rubber lets go in the tube and lets the spindle twist and it not support any weight ive had 4 of the 1102 trailers and loaded different amounts at times on them but not leave it on them . I hope you have good luck with it and will be a good test over time to see ! What im seeing when looking up 1102 specs saying max payload 2740 lbs

Last edited:

cucvrus

This is what I am working with. Since my current crusher and running gear/trailer chassis weighs 3125 LB's I think I nailed it with this chassis. This trailer comes complete with QR code.
241356294_10224731585271412_6860222408695719929_ntrailer GVWR.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks