• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

cup holder

ABN173

I know this is a older thread but I think it could use a "bump" back to the top. I have seen some pretty cool boxes built that go between the two seats on a M1009 but what about a M1008?

Anyone have pics of a bench seat swap that has the middle seat w/fold down back? Or what about swaping the bench out for buckets? I kinda want the bench with the folding back that way I can take my wife and daughter to rallies and such.....I'm so tired of spilling stuff on the floor board.

Back when I was a PVT and drove these on active duty we always complained about the lack any place to sit your coffee.

Last edited:

91W350

Great plan, I like it... I always use a container with a screw on lid. Rough rides are nothing new for me and I have had too many spilled beverages in my history. I like a plastic bottle with a screw on lid, so it does not break or spill. Those eye bolts in the bed of my M1008 were put in there for dog leashes and cooler tie downs.... Seriously though, I like those designs. Beats my bottle on the seat or floor....

beanman1

i got a center console out of a civii k5 installed in my 1009 u can also see my portable radio contraption that i can remove to go in the ole boat when on the lake

Last edited:

AJMBLAZER

coughAJMcough...

...welcome. One of the best mods I did. However you definitely want to use longer and better bolts than the piddly little screws they sell them with.

As for the seats, you can put anything in there. There's several threads about this going on right now over on Colorado K5 - Full-Size GM 4x4 Restoration and Off Road Community . One day I'm going to put some newer seats in The Blazer. I'm pretty happy with Big Ugly's seats but it might get a more modern split bench with a fold down center console if I get that far. Just fab work and clearance really.

panama

Hey Dunedigger that center console ammo can is very cool! What size can is it?? Great job on the drink holders guys...I was just gonna buy a center console but I like the idea of something unique AND military looking!!

Buckmaw

You can not receive PM's, so here is my answer...

From top to bottom:

3 port 12vdc power port
Sony AM/FM/CD
800mhz Scanner
40ch SSB CB
Sirius Sat Receiver

There is one pair of speakers installed in the console but I have added a pair in the rear on the wheel humps.

When I get my HAM Ticket I'm installing a HF transceiver.

All the radio cases are bolted together and its mounted using the CB mount with a support bracket towards the bottom of the unit. It rides very well and is very functional.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks