• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Current EUC Wait Time

blutow

Can anyone tell me what the approximate wait time is for EUCs to clear lately? The last one I did was 2020 during peak COVID times and took about 80 days.
Mine cleared about a month ago and took right at 5 months starting in September. I've seen a couple other folks post similar waits who bought about the same time. With all the holidays in there, I'm guessing that added a month or so. Once we got to Thanksgiving and it wasn't done, I knew nothing would happen until 2022. Government entitiy + holidays = zero work being done. I remember the GP folks telling me "they guy who releases the EUC's is out on holiday and nobody knows when he'll be back". If I were buying another truck, I'd just assume 6 months and be happy if it got done faster. I'm currently waiting on my SF97, I figure that's 2-3 months since GP is saying 30-60 days (business days they always remind me).

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Submitted 2/02/22
EUC 4/19/22
This is my second one and 1st was released August 5th 2020 so second one doesn’t go any quicker.

cjd

It sounds like the EUC's are getting faster. Mine took from Sept to Feb. I thought the SF97 would be faster. 3 months and still waiting for that. They still call it "37 days", LOL. Silly me, I had it inspected 2 weeks after I got it, thinking I would be all ready for registering it...I think I'll have to get another inspection since it's taking so long.

blutow

It sounds like the EUC's are getting faster. Mine took from Sept to Feb. I thought the SF97 would be faster. 3 months and still waiting for that. They still call it "37 days", LOL. Silly me, I had it inspected 2 weeks after I got it, thinking I would be all ready for registering it...I think I'll have to get another inspection since it's taking so long.
+1, I was also September with EUC arriving in Feb. Glad to hear GP and the governement seems to be doing better with this stuff.

I just got my title this week, which was supposed to just be an SF97 (another story). I would encourage calling early and often, the GP process seems to get stuck at times and things slip through the cracks. I'm now waiting on an appointment with my local tax office later this month to hopefully wrap it all up.

My 1123 is insured and I've been driving it a bit. From what I've read, it's just a ticket for driving unregistered so I'm taking my chances. In my area, appointments at the title office are a month out, so I'm not sure what someone is supposed to do if they buy a car and need to drive it right away.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
+1, I was also September with EUC arriving in Feb. Glad to hear GP and the governement seems to be doing better with this stuff.

I just got my title this week, which was supposed to just be an SF97 (another story). I would encourage calling early and often, the GP process seems to get stuck at times and things slip through the cracks. I'm now waiting on an appointment with my local tax office later this month to hopefully wrap it all up.

My 1123 is insured and I've been driving it a bit. From what I've read, it's just a ticket for driving unregistered so I'm taking my chances. In my area, appointments at the title office are a month out, so I'm not sure what someone is supposed to do if they buy a car and need to drive it right away.
We have appointments here and I made an appointment and I have put 850 miles on it while I wait. I kept moving my appointment out while govplanet was working on my title

blutow

We have appointments here and I made an appointment and I have put 850 miles on it while I wait. I kept moving my appointment out while govplanet was working on my title
Yeah, I had an appt for May 2nd (monday) and my title arrived on Tuesday. My next appointment is on May 20th. I have printouts of the appointments along with title copy in the truck. I figure a cop would have to be a pretty big jerk to give me a ticket after showing him I just got the title and I'm waiting on my appointment. Not saying that it can't happen, just thinking it's unlikely. The ticket is ~$300 I believe. It wouldn't want to pay it, but I've already gotten more than $300 of enjoyment out of driving it around. The current cost of diesel makes the ticket look relatively cheap.

cjd

I didn't think we need appointments to register in Texas...I've been in Texas most of my life, and that's a first. I've waited a couple hours in line, but never needed an appointment. Things just keep getting better!?!

blutow

I didn't think we need appointments to register in Texas...I've been in Texas most of my life, and that's a first. I've waited a couple hours in line, but never needed an appointment. Things just keep getting better!?!
They also have drive-thru service. I went to my appt. on Monday (for another vehicle) and the drive through line had about 100 cars in it. My understanding is that you can do registration at the drive through, but you must make an appt. for the title stuff.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I never cared for Austin much, never will,,, no appointment needed down here in Bee County, got there right at opening on Tue and was the first one in line, heck there was no line, only took about 10 min. to renew both M998s, that even included a short conversation about me having two nearly identical vehicles built in consecutive years having identical license plate numbers expiring on the same month.

Even when I left only half of the "agents" had customers and of course there was no line.

I have never had more than 3-4 folks in front of me at that office.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks