• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Currently Recovering my new M1009

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Heck just wrap the wire around the positive battery terminal of the forward battery.

cbauman79

got it wired up and the pump is working fine but the truck just wouldn't fire I had 4 tries before the batteries started to drain. I guess I'm going to see if a tow company about 2 miles down the road might come try to jump start me.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If it won't crank with a jump, get them to tow you home. Try to bargain for $2.00 a mile. You are done with repairs on the side of the road.

cbauman79

Well I couldn't get it to start so I just threw in the towel and got a Uhaul and Trailer and towed it home. I got in around 5am this morning. The Tow company wanted $900 to tow it 300 miles, the uhaul was only $425 plus about $125 in gas. It made it 900 miles at least. I think next time I'm just going to ship it for $800. I'm have about $1200 into getting it home now. Lesson learned. I'll post a full break down of the trip and Truck and post some pics later when I get home from work. Thanks for all the help.

cbauman79

I just wanted to say thanks again to everyone for the help. I got the M1009 unloaded then pulled and dropped the batteries off at the Parts store to be charged. Hopefully I'll get some time tomorrow to start really going through it. For my first ebay car purchase and MV recovery I defiantly learned a few things. When I first saw it on ebay it had 22 bids and was still only $750. It looked good in all of the photos but none were up close and the add didn't say if it ran. I gave the seller a call and was told it had only some serface rust but no through holes. It only has 14,440 Miles and ran great. The only issues was the hard to start if it sat for a week issue I mentioned earlier. It was being sold with only a bill of sale so I think this turned a lot of the buyers away. But I found out that NH will not issue a title for any vehicle over 7 years old and a bill of sale will be fine for me to title it in TN. So I bid on it and won the auction for $1625. I I flew into NH Saturday morning only to find this...

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109904622/2013-08-31 17.02.57.jpg

It turned out that "great driving condition" and "no through rust" were just a little bit off. They had to install a new starter, swapped in some used batteries, and rewire the headlights. The turn signals also didn't work and the wiring was a total mess. The tailgate had a rust hole about 3" x 20". Then there is another one below the passenger door and inside both inner fenders. Next time I'm defiantly going to need to see some more detailed pics. I really can't complain to much since it was still cheaper that any other M1009 within 500 miles of me that I had looked at. The kids all loved it and can't wait to go for a ride. Hopefully I'll get it up and running this week.

Any one else have Push button ignition wired up in theres. It threw me for a min when I first went to start it. turned the key and... Nothing. Then pushed the button and it fired right up. That was the only time on the trip it fired right up though. Here are some more pics. One if it at a rest stop about 1/2 way home and the next it being loaded onto the Uhaul trailer.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109904622/2013-09-01 18.05.39.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/109904622/2013-09-02 22.13.39.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks real good in the pics, I would have bid that on it. We all have made a questionable purchase in our lives. The push to start/push to glow mod that gets done a lot in civilian use it really not that big a deal. I suspect you may be faced with an injection pump overhaul, will add another $500 or so to the total. Anyway you had an adventure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks