• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

custom battery tray

Drock

So my inner fender is rusted pretty bad under the front battery to the point were it was falling through. And I also plan on installing the banks turbo. So I took the rear battery tray added an extra 4" towards the passenger fender. Then smoothed all the tabs off and added ah small filler piece to the front corner. Then I made the cover out of 1"X1"X1/8" angle iron. Added some tabs and used the original rods to bolt it down. Then I mocked it up, cut and fit the original fender brace to the cover. The idea was to make it look as stock as possible buy using much of the original pieces.Battery tray.jpg

Drock

Yeah there 2 different batteries . That one has those thread on posts, which by the way are driving nuts because they don't stay tight:x. The plan is when these batteries crap out I'll replace them with optima yellow tops.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If a new inner fender at a steal of a price appeals to you, contact Gimpyrobb. Delivery to the GA Rally is almost guaranteed. FWIW there was some issues with the weight of the factory 6TL cracking that inner fender. I don't know what the 2 batteries you have weigh but I'm pretty sure one 6TL outweighs a pr of yellow tops.

Drock

So I got my wish sooner then later. Ah couple days after making the first tray the batteries crapped out. They weren't a matched pair. Besides being different brands, one was 950CCA, and the other 925CCA. So I bought ah pair of yellow tops off Ebay and had to remake the whole tray from scratch.Optima batteries.jpg

stampy

Thats exactly what mine looks like except I have red tops. It leaves a great spot up front to connect your air intake for your aircleaner and to put a tool box under the hood.

So I got my wish sooner then later. Ah couple days after making the first tray the batteries crapped out. They weren't a matched pair. Besides being different brands, one was 950CCA, and the other 925CCA. So I bought ah pair of yellow tops off Ebay and had to remake the whole tray from scratch.View attachment 505472

This is exactly what I needed to see. I think I'll put mine up front, since the 6.5 turbo manifold will chew up most of the space in this general vicinity...but seeing how it is done gives me a great jumping off point.

llong66

Hi, I am not sure about the banks setup, but I dont now that you will be able to fit a turbo with the batteries in the rear position. I know a GM turbo setup wont fit that way.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks