• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CV eating CUCV

CDN-CUCV

My M1009 is going through cv's in my rear drive shaft rediculously fast. I replaced both the upper and lower(rear) cv last week, installed by my mechanic, and now I've blown the top one with virtually no warning.

Before I replace them with a high-end part, is this something that any of you have experienced with these trucks? Possible cause/solution? Any input is appreciated!

maritimer

rotate your drive shaft 180 degrees on the pinion, if that dont work take it to a driveline shop to have it balanced and checked over, if that still doesnt help try lowering your transfer case an inch. after blowing 2 of the heavy duty u-joints on the upper end of my drive shaft in 6 months i found after lowering my transfer case theres no vibration and hopefully my joints stay intact for a but longer then 6 months

CDN-CUCV

rotate your drive shaft 180 degrees on the pinion, if that dont work take it to a driveline shop to have it balanced and checked over, if that still doesnt help try lowering your transfer case an inch. after blowing 2 of the heavy duty u-joints on the upper end of my drive shaft in 6 months i found after lowering my transfer case theres no vibration and hopefully my joints stay intact for a but longer then 6 months
Thanks for the replies. I found that the problem was a worn slip-yoke. One hole was some-what oblong from wear causing the u-joint to come free under load. I'm getting the drive shaft balanced as well.

CDN-CUCV

Just to add to this, I bought a new slip yoke and had it installed. During the installation, we discovered the driveshaft was an inch 'n a half too short. So, lengthened the shaft, new universals, new yoke no vibration!!

Hope it lasts lol!