• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

CV eating CUCV

CDN-CUCV

My M1009 is going through cv's in my rear drive shaft rediculously fast. I replaced both the upper and lower(rear) cv last week, installed by my mechanic, and now I've blown the top one with virtually no warning.

Before I replace them with a high-end part, is this something that any of you have experienced with these trucks? Possible cause/solution? Any input is appreciated!

maritimer

rotate your drive shaft 180 degrees on the pinion, if that dont work take it to a driveline shop to have it balanced and checked over, if that still doesnt help try lowering your transfer case an inch. after blowing 2 of the heavy duty u-joints on the upper end of my drive shaft in 6 months i found after lowering my transfer case theres no vibration and hopefully my joints stay intact for a but longer then 6 months

CDN-CUCV

rotate your drive shaft 180 degrees on the pinion, if that dont work take it to a driveline shop to have it balanced and checked over, if that still doesnt help try lowering your transfer case an inch. after blowing 2 of the heavy duty u-joints on the upper end of my drive shaft in 6 months i found after lowering my transfer case theres no vibration and hopefully my joints stay intact for a but longer then 6 months
Thanks for the replies. I found that the problem was a worn slip-yoke. One hole was some-what oblong from wear causing the u-joint to come free under load. I'm getting the drive shaft balanced as well.

CDN-CUCV

Just to add to this, I bought a new slip yoke and had it installed. During the installation, we discovered the driveshaft was an inch 'n a half too short. So, lengthened the shaft, new universals, new yoke no vibration!!

Hope it lasts lol!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks