• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Damaged CUCV Rebuild

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So since I have had the truck sitting around for so long, I have had time to dream. So far I have accumulated new axles (14 bolt w/Detroit Locker and D44 front- 4:10 gears) as well as just scoring a 4spd w/205 transfer case for CHEAP! Looks like I know what direction the truck will eventually take. Total investment is less than $500 so far.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
IT LIVES! Drove it again, finally! First time in second gear in 22 months. Felt great with the new IP, running like a top. Thinking about plates for it tomorrow. Replacing the IP was a busy-work job, but not real hard. I made sure all of the injector lines were nice and tight, annnnnndd still had a leak....I never checked the fuel inlet line stub. One full turn later and leak was gone. Feels good to cross that project off the list.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You mean to say that DH gives out good intel??? What is this world coming to?!?!?!?!?! ;-)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I read it in a TM...

M1008BOV

Nice work, she looks good! How about some close up pics? I want to see the camo duct tape wrapped around the pillars :lol:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hear you've been using your chainsaw again, care to share?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks