• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Danger zone!

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a little eerie.

I've a perfectly good M35A2 sitting in the storage lot that hauls everything I have, and that I can pretty well keep up and take care of. BUT, I keep finding myself looking at an M925 that's not too far from me! I'm thinking that with the 14-ft bed I could haul enough 20+ ft beams and planks to build my workshop! Think I need a 12-step program!

How different is it to own and operate a 5-ton vs a deuce? I'm fairly certain that it's not one of my better ideas, and I'm absolutely certain that the spousal unit would be less-than-thrilled at just the suggestion.

Need some feet-on-the-ground comments/counsel.

bill

91W350

All I have to say about this is.... do not drive it! That 923/925 may be ugly, but was a great truck for the operator. We have several and I have been getting deeper into the green addiction. The steering, auto, torque monster and air brakes are very addictive.

Welder Sam

I made the mistake of driving an m923.....now im allllllll into getting one.... its not as smooth riding as my 816 but its nice letting your left foot alone.. 2.5+tons better than my m44's

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
It's a little eerie.

I've a perfectly good M35A2 sitting in the storage lot that hauls everything I have, and that I can pretty well keep up and take care of. BUT, I keep finding myself looking at an M925 that's not too far from me! I'm thinking that with the 14-ft bed I could haul enough 20+ ft beams and planks to build my workshop! Think I need a 12-step program!

How different is it to own and operate a 5-ton vs a deuce? I'm fairly certain that it's not one of my better ideas, and I'm absolutely certain that the spousal unit would be less-than-thrilled at just the suggestion.

bill
Sell the deuce...sell the house...ransome the kids....whatever it takes!:)

Buy the 5ton and build the shop...you will be happier with the truck plus ya can live in the shop!:beer:

Attachments

DHennon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Although the 5 ton is twice the size, everything else seems to cost 4 times more than it does for the deuce! If the $ is not a big problem, they are sure great to have and fun to drive.

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have been a Deuce owner for a long time and got 5 ton fever about 6 months ago, Like Glen said if your afraid DO NOT DRIVE IT or you WILL buy one!! Since I got my 925 I have already sold one of my Deuces and I love my Deuces, the 925 is Really hard to beat! Buy it and take my word for it you will love it!
KK

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a little eerie.

bill
MV 12 step program ;
1. M38 + M100
2. M37 + M101
3. M715
4. M35A2 + M105
5. M54
6. M818
7. M817
8. M819
9. M820
10. M916
11. M923
12. M920

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You guys are killing me!! I'm going to follow Randy Newman's advice when he said: "Let's go get a drink."

Still looking.

Gunner0311

6 Ton

Let me say three things about moving up from the duece to the 5-Ton:

1. Power Steering

2. POWER STEERING

3. DID YOU HEAR ME? THEY HAVE POWER STEERING

The 5-Ton can be driven so much more enjoyably, especially in tight spaces;
thanks to the power steering. The difference will amaze you. No more sore
left elbows, suffered from banging onto the door of the duece while trying to
steer in areas not so forgiving.

Good Luck with the female unit....:)

91W350

Okay, I am back.... It is so much easier to back a trailer with a 923.... and boy howdy, do they have brakes. Why, yes they do...... and they work great. Not that the compression braking and down shifting Allison will not slow you down...

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got both. The 5-ton is the work truck and the deuce has been converted to the play truck. I'd still rather drive the deuce though for some reason.

This is the only MV forum on the web where a deuce would be considered a "small" truck. :)

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I bought a deuce....then I bought a M54 5 ton Multi......then I bought a M816 5 ton wrecker (the infamous green hole that a butt load of money disappeared into) then I bought several M915's and one M916 (sold it to a customer).

Now I have the M927 and it is a HOOT to drive and it attracts a ton of attention.

My intent was to make a work truck out it but I don't know if I can stand to see the paint get scratched out in the woods.

I'm not above pimping it off if someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse but they would have to want it a lot more than I do.

All because I saw an M915A4 that is coming to a GL site near me.

fsearls92

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have both, a duece and a M923. I prefer the duece over the M923 most days with two exceptions. I love the power steering and the WOW factor of how big it is. If you can afford to have both trucks I would definately have one of each!!

Let me say three things about moving up from the duece to the 5-Ton:

1. Power Steering

2. POWER STEERING

3. DID YOU HEAR ME? THEY HAVE POWER STEERING

The 5-Ton can be driven so much more enjoyably, especially in tight spaces;
thanks to the power steering. The difference will amaze you. No more sore
left elbows, suffered from banging onto the door of the duece while trying to
steer in areas not so forgiving.

Good Luck with the female unit....:)
It's good to know I'm not the only one who tried to dent the inside of the driver's door with my elbow! Now I don't feel so bad! On the bright side, I don't need no stinking gym membership!
:driver:

F18hornetM

I bought an M35 then an M813. I'd get one and keep both if you could. I like the 5 tons and 2 1/2 tons for different reasons. Something about the "C" turbo I love. :)
I love the looks of the older trucks and I like manual transmission. I drove M923s in the Marines and were good trucks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks