• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Danger zone!

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Better have a strong back. Toting 5 ton parts is like toting a sack of anvils.
This is sage advice.

I can pick up a deuce brake drum & hub assy and lift it up into the parts washer and clean it.

2 guys can carry around a 3053.

Wait until you move up to the big stuff-everything requires a hoist or tool to move around.

EMD567

Driver for the Ga Mafia
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ain't nothing like a 5 ton extra long bed. Mine rides so smooth, and everybody is in awe of the sheer size of the monster. Once you go 5 ton, you won't go back............:doghead::beer:

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I briefly drove :driver:an M923A2 back in the NG. I love the air brakes. Wish I had the cash to convert my M818 to full A/B. Still partial to the M809-series. I like the manual shift, seat of the pants operation. And, YES, that power steering:drool::drool:[thumbzup]

:doghead:

Last edited:

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It has been decided by another...I got priced out...thank goodness, I think. The scale aspect was sobering and I'd play heck finding a place to put it, at the moment. Maybe later.

Thanks, gentlemen. It was both informative and entertaining.

PS
It is looking, however, like I scored an M105A2!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks