• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Daryl’s Deuce Resto

Darylfraser

Are you going to use yours as a working vehicle or just parades/shows and fun? Seems like you wanted a oem finish on yours from the looks of it. I'd love to see a picture or two when it's done.
Purely for my own enjoyment at parades and shows and the grocery store. I’ll pamper the hell out of it but I love that these trucks get worked still. That is what they were made for. I am going for the “just issued to a unit, motor pool look” This has really been an enjoyable project. Have you posted pics of your? It will look great, however you decide to do it. I am NOT a painter so I am very happy how it is coming out and the ease of use of the products so far as well as all the help from folks like Big Mike and TNJMurray and others. Great support out there to keep these old horses going. Old trucks have souls!

5 Ton John

Purely for my own enjoyment at parades and shows and the grocery store. I’ll pamper the hell out of it but I love that these trucks get worked still. That is what they were made for. I am going for the “just issued to a unit, motor pool look” This has really been an enjoyable project. Have you posted pics of your? It will look great, however you decide to do it. I am NOT a painter so I am very happy how it is coming out and the ease of use of the products so far as well as all the help from folks like Big Mike and TNJMurray and others. Great support out there to keep these old horses going. Old trucks have souls!
I haven't posted pictures of mine yet. I'm not that great with technology and just haven't got around to figuring it out yet. I'm sure yours will look just like it did on delivery. I use mine in such conditions that I just want a good fresh paint job that will look decent for a while longer. The previous owner of mine painted it white and black. I want it back to the original green that is showing all underneath it. I like the camo look also, but for the trouble of doing that I wouldn't want to scratch it up afterwards. so I'll just stick with the simple original green and the mud will add some camo. 😆

5 Ton John

I agree with you about these old trucks having souls. It is much more enjoyable to get in one of these trucks and get to work with it. I enjoy using these older rigs more than newer ones that have many more comfort features. With the bare bones of these trucks you can depend on them to run all day and get the job done.

5 Ton John

On the topic of preparing for paint, my truck has had bedliner applied to the back of the lower cab. If you have any advice on how to remove this easily please let me know. I don't really want to paint over it because of the texture, but if I have to I guess I will. Anyone with some ideas in removal of this bedliner please share.

Darylfraser

On the topic of preparing for paint, my truck has had bedliner applied to the back of the lower cab. If you have any advice on how to remove this easily please let me know. I don't really want to paint over it because of the texture, but if I have to I guess I will. Anyone with some ideas in removal of this bedliner please share.
Fortunately, I have not had to deal with bedliner but I suspect it is not removed easily. I suspect there will be another truck in my future, one to use and one to display. Although I would settle for an armored vehicle!

67Beast

ToddJK

Could try out Jasco, I've used it to strip the black coating off of some knives and that's not easy stuff to remove, it made the job easy, but usually it will strip all the paint down to the bare metal.

ToddJK

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll give that a try. If it does that then it would have to help at least.
It's some nasty stuff, very strong caustic type chemical. Stripp d the powder coat off my knives in ten minutes or less. Just make sure to wear the proper PPE when using that stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks