• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Date code location on Goodyear 395/85 20 MVT

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i HAVE LOOKED THESE TIRES OVER AND CANT SEEM TO FIND THE AGE OF THESE TIRES ANY SUGGESTIONS

dubblosvn

I believe there are many tires that were purpose built for theatre and did not need a DOT code. I noticed that 2 of my tires did not have one on the outside wall but did on the inside, so the DOT code is only on one side of the tire. If you can't find it on either side, perhaps it was never built for DOT specs?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe there are many tires that were purpose built for theatre and did not need a DOT code. I noticed that 2 of my tires did not have one on the outside wall but did on the inside, so the DOT code is only on one side of the tire. If you can't find it on either side, perhaps it was never built for DOT specs?
I WILL LOOK ON OTHER SIDE TOMORROW THANKS

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are only one one side. Last 4 numbers will be separate from the others. I've never seen an MVT without a date code
These are the first Goodyear tires ive had and i looked at all 4 on the trailer looking for a serial number . Iooked around the bead and where the the sise is printed and i had read about the 4 digits first 2 the week second 2 the year so i will look again today whats the chances they are all 4 turned to the inside! Thanks

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
These are the first Goodyear tires ive had and i looked at all 4 on the trailer looking for a serial number . Iooked around the bead and where the the sise is printed and i had read about the 4 digits first 2 the week second 2 the year so i will look again today whats the chances they are all 4 turned to the inside! Thanks
Dot numbers should always face outwards

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dot numbers should always face outwards
when your looking at a mvt where are you finding it ln conjuntionton to the tire sise or the mvt on the sidewall? Near the the rim of middle of tire ?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's right above the wheel lip. It will all be in pairs of numbers. It will be under the small print warning label that is dead in the center with the tire size above it if I remember right.
Ok great maybe i just missed it will look in just a few Thanks again!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well thanks for all the help ! In normal fashion(The hard way) every tire on the trailer the date code was turned to the inside but the good thing they were all the same year as the trailer so i own at least 4 tires made in the last 10 year now i need 2 more mvt 395/85/20 made in the last 5 yrs if anybody has a sorce for them let me know and i will put them on the steer and these tires on the drives .

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the trailer, wish I could find one of them!
I have wanted one since the first one i saw but i could never seem to find one and when i did they would want 5 or 6 grand which i wasnt going to pay then i stumbled on this the end of last week 150 mi from home for 2 grand i said hell yea tits still on the tires and the top is perfect so saturday i brought it home and pressure washed it and now i have to order more paint !

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Can you still tow that with your overhang?

And while we're at it, you stole that trailer so you should return it.
Holy Crap chucky !

If you happen to figure out that the M1095 won't "tow" behind your truck, I would like to have "first right of refusal" if you decide to unload it. Would have thought though that you already have a M1082, so that shouldn't be an issue. Right?

Last edited:

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can you still tow that with your overhang?

And while we're at it, you stole that trailer so you should return it.
No at the moment i sold the only trailer i could pull with the truck was my 989a1 but my plan all along was to get a 1082 or 1095 and make a adjustable length telescopic beam tounge on which ever trailer i went with and use big slide pins and box beam heavy wall like a log trailer to slide in itself to colapse it or extend it out to 4 or 5 feet so the box/ top on the trailer wont get into each other like ditch crossings kind of articulation is my plan and just to make more work i think im going to do it to a 1082 and the 1095 both for what ever i need it to do for the trip and sale my other 1082

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks