• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

December M-37 Recovery

Black Ops

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We pulled the top of the transmission today, the shift lever was out in the middle of nowhere. We got it back to where i think it should be then put the top back on the trans. With a bolt to temporarily replace a broken pin at the top of the assembly, the transmission will now shift into all five gears. 8)

Evil Dr Porkchop and I each drove up and down the street a few times and it shifts well except for some slop in the shift lever which I think is caused by the broken end of the pin and the bolt at the top of the tower.

Attachments

vtdeucedriver

We pulled the top of the transmission today, the shift lever was out in the middle of nowhere. We got it back to where i think it should be then put the top back on the trans. With a bolt to temporarily replace a broken pin at the top of the assembly, the transmission will now shift into all five gears. 8)

Evil Dr Porkchop and I each drove up and down the street a few times and it shifts well except for some slop in the shift lever which I think is caused by the broken end of the pin and the bolt at the top of the tower.
SWEET!!!!! Slap a plate on it and let's go cruise Burlington with the top down!!

vtdeucedriver

SWEET!!!!! Slap a plate on it and let's go cruise Burlington with the top down!

Btw, That's the early trans. Ab linn has parts if you ever need.

Black Ops

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So far the bumper, grille, tailgate, rear fenders, and the drivers door have been removed. We are going to try to remove the bed sides to start welding tomorrow. Other than that I've just been collecting a lot of parts.