• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Declassified rarities from USSR

USSR

Body of tank was assembled to "URALTRANSMASH in December 1990. In 1991, the complex has received military index 1K17 , in 1992 was accepted for service. As before, the establishment of "compression" has been highly appreciated by the Government of the country: a group of employees "Astrophysics and coauthors were awarded the State Prize. In the field of lasers we was ahead of the world at least on 10 years.
The collapse of the Soviet Union and the fall of the Communist Party overthrew the former authorities. With a collapsed economy and stopped many defense programs. Top secret "laser gun" remained unfulfilled. The only instance of a long time hiding behind high fences, until all of a sudden in 2010 there was no truth in some miraculous way in the exhibition "The Military Technical Museum, which is located in the village of Ivanovo. We must pay tribute and thank the people who managed to get this priceless artifact from a perfect secrecy and make it a unique machine accessible to the public - a good example of advanced Soviet science and engineering.... our witness to the forgotten victories((((

Attachments

USSR

To be continued ...8)

P.S. Guys, I found some interesting information about the experimental armored vehicles of World War II - where on this forum i can open a topic?

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

USSR

Attachments

Katahdin

I would just like to thank USSR for posting all of these pictures and information. I was a child of the 1980s and grew up fascinated with Soviet military machines. In a sentimental kind of way I sometimes miss the Cold War. :)

USSR

I would just like to thank USSR for posting all of these pictures and information. I was a child of the 1980s and grew up fascinated with Soviet military machines. In a sentimental kind of way I sometimes miss the Cold War. :)
Do not a miss)) All this goes on, although with less force ... During the Cuban Missile Crisis, USSR and USA could destroy the planet)) Thank God that did not happen!

USSR

The first Soviet-wheel-drive car with a 8x8. Was assembled in a single copy in November 1932. The car was equipped American Continental-22R engine and gearbox. (Engine - 6-cylinder, 8,190 cm3, 120 hp) machine could overcome moats width of 1,5 meters, take the steep climbs of 30 degrees, in addition. On its rear wheels could put to overcome the off-road .

Attachments

USSR

NAMI-0157

Support frame with an open platform (bearing capacity of 8 tons) was based on two identical rotating crawler tracks in two supporting-turning device, and instead of traditional steel rollers. Developers ventured to use the pneumatic rollers.
At the same time on this all terrain vehicle used extensively already mastered in the production of components and assemblies. Engine, gearbox and axles are derived from the ZIL trucks, cooling system, "razdatki", a winch with a pulling force of 7000 kg, the cab, hood, frame elements - from Ural-375. four major mover on the track, rubber-metal strips of width 970 mm, allowed to reach speeds of up to 30 km / h. Machine overcame sandy and swampy roads, snow drifts and deep water obstacles up to 1,8 m at any time of year.

Attachments

USSR

Based on the ideas of NAMI-0157 was created by serial swamp-run Ural-5920.
Ural-5920 equipped with 240-strong Yaroslavl diesel engine YMZ-238M2, modern hydraulic rotating mechanism and rubber tracks with increased resource and the load was adjusted to 10 tons (without an increase in ground pressure, which, when complete machine weight 24.5 tons of 0, 22 kgf/cm2). In 2002, the Continent has shipped its first customer Ural-5920. Today, besides the basic model with a Flatbed, "Continent" offers a few modifications, including those equipped with the crane.

Attachments

USSR

ZIL-E167
Pilot all-terrain vehicle all terrain designed for use in cross-country with harsh climatic conditions. In the motion super off-road cited two ZIL-375 engines to 118 hp each transmit power on-board scheme. Placed behind the engine for better cooling air inlets were provided on each side of the body.

Attachments

USSR

GAZ 62

An experimental multi-terrain vehicle. All four wheels were leading with switchable drive forward. The car had engine type GAZ-51, spar frame, the dependent spring suspension of all wheels, sealed drum brakes, installed in front of the radiator hoist. Along the sides of the body there are two folding benches for 12 people or could carry a ton of cargo. In addition, Gaz-62 could tow a trailer on dirt roads a mass of 1000 kg.

Year Built - 1956; the number of seats - 14 Engine: Type - Four-stroke, carburetor, the number of cylinders - 6, the working volume - 3485 cm3, power - 70 hp. s./52 kW at 2800 rpm, the number of gears - 4X2; tire size - 10,00-19 inches length - 5000 mm, width - 2100 mm Height - 2075 mm, base - 2850 mm gauge - 1650 mm ; curb mass - 2360 kg, maximum speed - 70 km / h.
In the photo of cargo and passenger options

Attachments

USSR

GAZ M 20 "Victory" - snowmobile "North".

GAZ M 20 "Victory" - snowmobile "North".
1960-1961 produced 100 airsledges "North".
In 1959, GV Helicopter Design Office of NI Kamov was created car-snowmobile Sever-2.
Production car "Victory", mounted on skis with aircraft engines AI-14 power 260 was high-speed transport for the northern areas of the country during the winter and off-road.

The average mileage for sleigh "North" was 12 ... 15 000 km per year at an average speed of traffic on postal routes 30 ... 35 km / hr. Routes have been laid on virgin snow, hummocky ice in the freezing cold to 45 ... 50 Celsius

SPECIFICATIONS:

Chassis weight, max. Kg. - 2350
Engine - AI-14RS
Engine power, hp - 260
Screw diameter, m - 2,7
Payload, kg. - 500
Max. speed, km / h. - 60
Duration of stroke, Part - 5
Range, km. - 360

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks