• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Del City, OK Armed Forces Parade 2011

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
***** UPDATE *****
Meeting at Wal-Mart, I-40 and Sooner Rd at 0800, then convoy to the staging area at 0830.

May 14, 2011

Well guys, its time again for the 26th Annual Armed Forces Day/Shriners Parade in Del City, OK

Over 2 miles longs......and Candy can be thrown to the crowd.

Fortunatly it is scheduled for the weekend before the Augusta, KS parade.

http://www.cityofdelcity.com/Misc%20Reports/Participant%20Invite%20Letter%202011.pdf

Let me know who can attend so I can know how many trucks to plans for.

Previous years Parades.................

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/50903-annual-del-city-ok-armed-forces-parade.html

Dell City, OKlahoma. Armed Forces parade May 9 09

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/upcoming-events/35110-salute-armed-forces-pararde.html

Last edited:

91W350

That is kind of funny, I responded to your last year's post a few seconds ago. I would like to come, can somebody give me coordinates for the meeting location? Glen

M813A1

91W350 the easiest way to the Parade is I=35 south to OKC to I-40 east then to the second exit that is Sunnylane then turn left and you are at he staging point for the Parade !! Quite easy !! Bring plenty of candy there are hundreds of kids along the parade route !! I haave run out of candy the last 2 years . And I bought $ 70 worth of candy in the mixed bags from Wally Mart.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is kind of funny, I responded to your last year's post a few seconds ago. I would like to come, can somebody give me coordinates for the meeting location? Glen

I'll be sending out more info as it comes along. They change our actual starting point each year.

You can bring one of your CUCVs to save fuel and we can find you something BIG to drive.

Unless you just want to bring your new baby....;-)

91W350

The deuce made right at 11 pulling the M1008 home from Rapid City, I am curious how it will do empty. If the fuel prices keep going up, I may run down in the M1009 and take you up on your more than generous offer. Glen

Tackettr

Wish I could be there!:cry: Did someone make contact with the "Blus Star Moms" from Norman? They were wanting a ride in this parade.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks