• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Del City, OK Armed Forces Parade 2015

scorpion6

This is one of the few events that does allow candy to be thrown from the vehicles. There are kids (big and small) along the entire two mile route. Almost every one of them has a candy sack waiting to be filled. The best purchase is the large generic bags of candy from Wally world. You can get by with one but with multiple throwers you may want more.

All the parades that are in our area do allow passengers in the cargo bed. Just make sure you have plenty of water/food as the wait time and drive time will take a toll. There are restroom facilities at the meeting point.

Looking forward to meeting you.

And yes flags a decorations are required equipment ;-)
So is the parade still on rain or shine?

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last word from the parade committee was that the parade is still a go. The storms for tomorrow are predicted for after 2:00pm.

As always use your best judgement.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
New weather predictions show the storms arriving in the OKC area just before the parade start time of 10:00am.

For those showing up please be weather aware.

scorpion6

Dang I'm sorry guys I wish I could be up there but the weather is just gonna be to crazy for me to drive that far in the M715 I hope all goes well and you all have fun.
Well the parade turned out to be great with plenty kiddos, and candy. The blue star mom's were very happy and decorated their hearts out. There were 3 of us with deuce and two 5 tons, but it was enough to get plenty attention. I will try to get some pics posted soon.

scorpion6

20150509_100533.jpg20150509_104732.jpg20150509_100557.jpgThe co pilot just cant get her hand and phone out of the pics. I hope that on the next gathering we can get at least 10 trucks together. Missed you happy, warthog, James.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Tack you might want to contact warthog and plead for mercy.

You have to be a paid member to advertise.
Then you jacked his thread to do it.
I know you are just trying to help but there are rules.
I am in no way trying to be ass trying to help
Thanks Ken

Tackettr

Whoops! Story of my life, trying to help local buds out and get myself in trouble. Thanks Ken!

To all members: "These are not the Roboimpacts you are looking for" said in my Obiwan voice.

Will delete the post not making anything on them to pay.

Another Ahab

It was great to meet some fellow SS members and MV fans! I had a blast on my first outing with my new truck. Thanks Warthog for getting me the bed bows, I gotten many compliments on my camo netting. Here's a few more pics.
Looks like the parade was a big hit. Thanks for the pics!

What's the deal with the road striping in this shot:

- Is that to help you stay in your lane during earthquakes!?

stripe.jpg

sed6

LOL, no, those are warning stripes to let us know we're approaching a school zone, crosswalk, stop sign or other. They are not used everywhere, just some places. I find it ironic that we put stripes on the road that are designed to draw your attention down and away from the warning signs they are trying to make you aware of!

Another Ahab

LOL, no, those are warning stripes to let us know we're approaching a school zone, crosswalk, stop sign or other. They are not used everywhere, just some places. I find it ironic that we put stripes on the road that are designed to draw your attention down and away from the warning signs they are trying to make you aware of!
Shoot, I think that striping is a GREAT idea:

- You always tend to watch the road ahead of you, but not always the signs that come and go to either side of you.

I've never seen that back East here, but it sure seems to make a whole lot of sense.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks