• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC 2021

CGarbee

I find cooking for a group to be a nice, relaxing, break from my day job...
My current plan is to arrive on Wednesday (I assume that I can access the site that afternoon as in years past) with the MKT and to have a meal offering for each meal through Sunday breakfast.

The following is a DRAFT!!! (It is subject to change...).
The following assumes that we will actually have the event... (if you pay in advance and the event is cancelled, I'll refund your money...).

Denton MKT Menu
April 2021

Wednesday Supper
Fajitas (chicken*/mushroom/onion/pepper)
*Could be beef or pork – let me know you preference if you have one…

Thursday Breakfast
Eggs – Scrambled… Ask me that morning or the night before if you want them fried…
Grits
Sausage
Biscuits/Tortillas

Thursday Lunch
Italian Sausage (with Peppers/Onions)
Salad
Chips

Thursday Supper
“Pasta night”
Chili Mac/Stroganoff/Pesto/Alfredo/Chicken-Mushroom-Onion
(Honestly, I’m going to do a few family favorite sauces of different types/styles…but don’t look for them in a recipe book…)
Salad

Friday Breakfast
Eggs – Scrambled… Ask me that morning or the night before if you want them fried…
Oatmeal
Bacon
Biscuits

Friday Lunch
Hotdogs (A couple of different types – Brown and Bright Leaf)
Salad and/or slaw
Chips

Friday Supper
Offsite: MKT is closed unless a bunch of you skip the BBQ Convoy (if there is one, otherwise, I’ll cook…) and twist my arm. But plan on doing your own thing or join the BBQ Convoy...

Saturday Breakfast
Pancakes
Grits
Bacon/Sausage

Saturday Lunch
Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers (Hotdogs if I have any left over and you ask…).
Salad
Chips

Saturday Supper
Seafood Boil (corn, potatoes, sausage, shrimp)
Salad
Rolls

Sunday Breakfast
Grits
Bacon
Pork Loin
(and a mixture of bread…rolls/tortillas…depending on what I have and how I feel…)

Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Lemonade on tap from Breakfast until after Supper
Dietary substitutions can be made (just talk to me in advance)
Example: Grilled Chicken is an easy substitution for pork products…

In 2019, I was able to go say that if you signed up in advance (at least a week ahead of time) that we went with $6/Meal except for Saturday night which was $8 (shrimp isn’t cheap…). I suspect to be about the same this year, but I need to have an idea of how many are interested so that I can do some pricing in order to give a better estimate.

Wait until you arrive and the prices may be higher and/or I may not have chow for you…
Get enough folks to sign up in advance, and I am likely to add a few items to each meal's offerings...

Send me PM to sign up and let me know your starting and ending meals...etc.
Let me know if you want to use PayPal.
If you have folks coming who are not on Steelsoldiers, they can eat at the MKT, just put them in touch with me ahead of time…

LanceRobson

I find cooking for a group to be a nice, relaxing, break from my day job...
I'll have my camper so I'll be set for meals although I may join you Saturday night. I know that your efforts are very much appreciated.

I have a good bit of commercial food service equipment so if you need anything give me a shout and I'll see what I can do. I have a high output burner (think turkey fryer on steroids) I can bring with a propane tank if that helps you. And pots, hotel pans, yadda, yadda, yadda if you need more than you have.

Best regards,

Lance

CGarbee

I'll have my camper so I'll be set for meals although I may join you Saturday night. I know that your efforts are very much appreciated.

I have a good bit of commercial food service equipment so if you need anything give me a shout and I'll see what I can do. I have a high output burner (think turkey fryer on steroids) I can bring with a propane tank if that helps you. And pots, hotel pans, yadda, yadda, yadda if you need more than you have.

Best regards,

Lance
I may take you up on your offer depending on how things look when I do the equipment inventory this weekend...
Some of the gear is at the farm in VA, some here in NC...

I think that I have everything that I need in Raleigh, but I will know for sure soon...

THANKS!!

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Garbee, looking forward to your cooking, I've always enjoyed it.

Getting excited. I'm hoping to escape here on Weds. I have to do some work on Tuesday though, so, we shall see.

LanceRobson

Wednesday, my bride, the dog and I all have appointments to get poked, prodded and/or jabbed..... But it will be my second COVID vaccine shot so at least we'll be able to travel a little while later and see family.

Depending on how I feel after the shot I won't be there until Thursday or early Friday. So if the MKT gets set up and you need anything give me a shout. And I'll give you a "heads up" an hour or so before I depart Fort Living Room.

Next week I'll post a list on the other thread of the crap....err, collectables with a patina, I'm bringing.

Best regards and prayers for safe travels to all,

Lance

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well I hate to say it but at this time looks like I'm going to miss this one, there's still a slight chance but it is getting smaller and smaller, need my suppliers to get on board with getting this job done. I have made arrangements to follow through with my commitments, I will pm said people.
Bummer, but delivering on your promises are always important.

Funny (but no laughing matter) how it seems that having a business is like an undisciplined child. Almost without fail, something always comes up unexpectedly and commitments to customers take priority.

I keep telling myself that I need to grow my business a little more so that won't happen. Yeah, right. It would just mean that there were more projects to be done. Not complaining though I guess. After all, that is what keeps paying me so I can buy more big green stuff. :cool:

LanceRobson

By the way, in 2019 prices paid by participants and vendors were all over the place. I got whacked for $190 for my space (camper and vending in one spot) and one of the things said in the aftermath was that there would be a price list before the event and that someone would be on site to attempt to resolve any issues.

Is there a price list for sites, vending fees etc? And after I arrive and set up I'm willing to help out in any way I can, including de-confliction with the Farm Park if needed, so please let me know if I can help.

Thanks and best regards to all,

Lance

Blake

The link below/attachment has the farm parks “price list” for the event. It would be my best guess the variance in charges came from what was described to the gate guard as your “mission”/reason for being there and proposed sleeping arrangements. If you mentioned selling, you got a vendor fee.

The base charge was:
rv hookup/tent camping/electricity/water per day charge based on their rate schedule for your desired sleeping accommodation

.....then, a “vendor fee” could have been added on top too.

Best I can remember for 2019, I brought my Jeep for display, slept in a tent/primitive campsites, did not sell anything and was charged 12$ a day.

hope this helps.

Attachments

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never thought about fees. How much do they charge just for a day? I'd like to come up Friday but have to head out the same day for an appt in GA.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never thought about fees. How much do they charge just for a day? I'd like to come up Friday but have to head out the same day for an appt in GA.
Kenny, I'm planning on being there as early as I can get there on Friday (hopefully around 10am), and will be bringing a few fire extinguishers for you to take home for the new deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks