• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC 2021

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I find cooking for a group to be a nice, relaxing, break from my day job...
My current plan is to arrive on Wednesday (I assume that I can access the site that afternoon as in years past) with the MKT and to have a meal offering for each meal through Sunday breakfast.

The following is a DRAFT!!! (It is subject to change...).
The following assumes that we will actually have the event... (if you pay in advance and the event is cancelled, I'll refund your money...).

Denton MKT Menu
April 2021

Wednesday Supper
Fajitas (chicken*/mushroom/onion/pepper)
*Could be beef or pork – let me know you preference if you have one…

Thursday Breakfast
Eggs – Scrambled… Ask me that morning or the night before if you want them fried…
Grits
Sausage
Biscuits/Tortillas

Thursday Lunch
Italian Sausage (with Peppers/Onions)
Salad
Chips

Thursday Supper
“Pasta night”
Chili Mac/Stroganoff/Pesto/Alfredo/Chicken-Mushroom-Onion
(Honestly, I’m going to do a few family favorite sauces of different types/styles…but don’t look for them in a recipe book…)
Salad

Friday Breakfast
Eggs – Scrambled… Ask me that morning or the night before if you want them fried…
Oatmeal
Bacon
Biscuits

Friday Lunch
Hotdogs (A couple of different types – Brown and Bright Leaf)
Salad and/or slaw
Chips

Friday Supper
Offsite: MKT is closed unless a bunch of you skip the BBQ Convoy (if there is one, otherwise, I’ll cook…) and twist my arm. But plan on doing your own thing or join the BBQ Convoy...

Saturday Breakfast
Pancakes
Grits
Bacon/Sausage

Saturday Lunch
Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers (Hotdogs if I have any left over and you ask…).
Salad
Chips

Saturday Supper
Seafood Boil (corn, potatoes, sausage, shrimp)
Salad
Rolls

Sunday Breakfast
Grits
Bacon
Pork Loin
(and a mixture of bread…rolls/tortillas…depending on what I have and how I feel…)

Tea, Coffee, Hot Chocolate, Lemonade on tap from Breakfast until after Supper
Dietary substitutions can be made (just talk to me in advance)
Example: Grilled Chicken is an easy substitution for pork products…

In 2019, I was able to go say that if you signed up in advance (at least a week ahead of time) that we went with $6/Meal except for Saturday night which was $8 (shrimp isn’t cheap…). I suspect to be about the same this year, but I need to have an idea of how many are interested so that I can do some pricing in order to give a better estimate.

Wait until you arrive and the prices may be higher and/or I may not have chow for you…
Get enough folks to sign up in advance, and I am likely to add a few items to each meal's offerings...

Send me PM to sign up and let me know your starting and ending meals...etc.
Let me know if you want to use PayPal.
If you have folks coming who are not on Steelsoldiers, they can eat at the MKT, just put them in touch with me ahead of time…
I have been known for working , paying or bartering MV parts for food. I do not eat a lot as it ruins my girlish figure.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Mike, thanks Pat. Wish I could stay over a night but I can't change this 10:40 appt Saturday AM.

matt444

Does anyone know where to get firewood near the campground?
Also is there a golf cart rental nearby or someone selling one cheap?

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Hey guys keep in mind that the farm park doesn't want/allow fires directly on the ground in our area. I usually bring the fire pit but I'm not going to make it. Does anyone have one they can bring?

LanceRobson

Thanks, and dang. I had a buddy that was potentially a dealer. Oh well, maybe some will still show and setup outside.

I suspect that as the weekend is the same as the gun show in Winston-Salem they didn't have enough vendors. I kow of at least one vendor who often make military vehicle shows who will be at the W-S show instead of being at Denton for what would have been his first time.

Best regards to all,

Lance

LanceRobson

The current weather forecast has the morning low temperature Thursday and Friday in the mid 30s. I most likely won't be there until mid morning Thursday. I have a lot of camping gear including a couple of good six person tents, a couple of Big Buddy propane heaters etc . If anyone thinks they'll need something, even a sleeping pad or sleeping bag to stay warm, hit me with a private message and I'll see what I can do.

Best regards to all,

Lance

LanceRobson

Cabell, if it's not too late put me down for Saturday night. I'll have a couple Lifetime plastic 8' tables with me. If you want them for Saturday dinner I can also bring 10 or so Lifetime folding chairs for Saturday night?

Lance

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks