• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC mv show 2015

Ford Mechanic

So we ran in and out of the rain the whole way home. Mr Murphy decided to show up about 30 min from home during a down pour and kill the air pressure to my wipers. About 10 miles later they suddenly got air again. So I think I need to put a priority valve on my short list.

We had a great time, at some great food thanks to Pat and Blake Friday night, and Brian on Saturday night. We enjoyed everyone's company, we definitely will be back with others in tow. It was a nice fairly quite weekend at a really nice place. We burned a hr or 2 just riding the wheeler around the campground looking at the old steam equipment, trains, and just riding the paths in the park.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, looks like a great time by all. Who belongs to the tan bobbed deuce? That is one of the nicest ones I've ever seen. Pat, sorry that the labeler didn't work. Perhaps it's best meant for Windows XP.

wilfreeman

Wow, looks like a great time by all. Who belongs to the tan bobbed deuce? That is one of the nicest ones I've ever seen. Pat, sorry that the labeler didn't work. Perhaps it's best meant for Windows XP.
That's me - thanks! It is an M35a2 Sport model - fun to drive and gets a LOT of attention. I almost drove it to Georgia last year with the M38a1 in tow, but ended up only attending 1 night of the rally. Since things have changed and I will have to take vacation for Georgia this year, I will prob only be there for 2 nights this year - probably tow the Jeep with the Expedition.

Not a big deal about the labeler - we all learned each other's names pretty quick anyway. It would've been nice for attendees to know we were all Steel Soldiers though. There were a bunch of us with 2012-2014 SSGR shirts on most of the weekend, so we were representin'!

wilfreeman

I didn't notice it when I took the pic but did anyone else notice the Prius in front and the Smart car beside me?

The wife's truck averaged 13mpg there and back pulling the camper. I only managed 5mpg in the 923
You didn't "roll coal" on him like we were talking about in the fireside chat, did you? LOL

wilfreeman

Last edited:

CJ9/Granny

I am a bit gun-shy when it comes to advance planning, but here goes..... I plan on coming this year, and my son is coming with me. My wife says she is going to stay home and enjoy some peace & quiet. This causes me some concern as I always thought I was the one who needed peace & quiet. Anyway, put us (2) down for vittles for the weekend.

I have not read every post... cane we come in on Thursday afternoon/evening?
Quoting my own post.....

Regrettably, I will NOT be attending the upcoming rally. The past nine straight days of rainy weather has put me so far behind that even attempting to add a camping trip to the list of things I need to do would be just plain dumb. I hope you folks have better luck with nature than I do.

Cabell, let me know if I owe you any damages for canceling this late.

Y'all have fun... if I can get caught up by Saturday, I may drop by and say "Hey". :)

I don't think Cabell will mind that you cancelled, since he cancelled as well, and also, don't go to Denton this coming Saturday because the show is already over!

Quoting my own post.....

Regrettably, I will NOT be attending the upcoming rally. The past nine straight days of rainy weather has put me so far behind that even attempting to add a camping trip to the list of things I need to do would be just plain dumb. I hope you folks have better luck with nature than I do.

Cabell, let me know if I owe you any damages for canceling this late.

Y'all have fun... if I can get caught up by Saturday, I may drop by and say "Hey". :)

Blake

denton pics

Unfortunately, I didn't take many pics and only took a couple of my jeep and the steam shovel in the shed by the train.

denton 1.jpgdenton 2.jpgdenton 3.jpgdenton 4.jpg

CGarbee

The worst thing about not getting to go to the rally this year for me was that I had to go to a meeting in Charlotte... Not only did I come near but not close enough to stop by the rally, but the meeting was LONG...and not much was accomplished...

CJ9/Granny

I don't think Cabell will mind that you cancelled, since he cancelled as well, and also, don't go to Denton this coming Saturday because the show is already over!
Ooooops! :oops: Looks like I got my calendar all screwed up! On the bright side, I would not have gone camping this past weekend anyway. Try again next year! :)