• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC MV & Surplus Show 14-16 April 2016

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Awesome! Guess I need to modify the load plan.

I don't see much for the public facebook post, unless I missed something?

Ford Mechanic

:shrugs:The kind that dies and then you chop it up and burn it? This was killed by the farmer that farms the land behind us, got hit with a spray. Lost all it's bark during the year, broke late in the fall, and then finally fell last week. I know its not pine, might be oak or cotton wood? I only split wood to take with us camping or to have a bon fire at the house. Sorry but I really don't know anything about tree identification.

Another Ahab

The kind that dies and then you chop it up and burn it? This was killed by the farmer that farms the land behind us, got hit with a spray. Lost all it's bark during the year, broke late in the fall, and then finally fell last week. I know its not pine, might be oak or cotton wood? I only split wood to take with us camping or to have a bon fire at the house. Sorry but I really don't know anything about tree identification.
"Ain't no thang". I was just asking:

- You wood, if you could.

:beer:

DanM7890

Is that oak, ash (if any's left), and or hickory, FM!?

What kind if woods you got growing around you there in NC?
My house is a 50s brick ranch so I have some nice large oak trees out front, in the back I have a couple maples that are not as thick but still good height.

Another Ahab

You should feel no need to apologize for this; I don't either and I took Dendrology (tree ID lab) twice in college.
The only crucial tree ID you ever need to make is whether the one you're under is a "Widow-Maker" (WM) or not.

Watch out for the WM:

- They are typically sneaky and deceivingly quiet during approach

But, Brother, they pack a wallop once they connect.

tree.jpg

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
If I husband speaks in the woods and his wife is not there to hear him is he still wrong?
NO! Under rule #257, para 36, sub-para 19, all words spoken by the husband MUST be heard by the wife personally or she can't officially call him wrong!:rules:

Note: That rule has not been officially accepted/sanctioned by the International Wives Union.:roll:

Another Ahab

Wow, I've never seen a explorer that flat! Hope that wasn't your place.
Funny you mention that because a few years back we had a freak storm here in the D.C area called a Derecho, and the violent winds put trees down all over town:

- My daughter was busy with her homework that night and heard a big bump next to her room, looked out the window but it was nighttime and she couldn't make out a thing.

- Next morning we look and it was the neighbor's house; looked almost exactly like that picture. The couple was out of town, vacationing on some beach in Mexico.

- City condemned his house, wouldn't even allow the couple in to gather things up. So the couple decides to just stay in Mexico for an extra week. Guy told me later, "Why not? Nothing I could do if I came back".

I admired his thinking there: "Another round of Margaritas here, please!"

It took a full year for the Insurance to settle and restore the place. My daughter has been terrified of wind storms at night ever since (that tree was mighty close to her room).

-

Ford Mechanic

Who's doing the shirts? If you need a hand my sister is a partner in a sign and screen print shop.

And can I get one of those flyers? I'll make some copies and post them in my area.

driver200150

Who's doing the shirts? If you need a hand my sister is a partner in a sign and screen print shop.

And can I get one of those flyers? I'll make some copies and post them in my area.
The flyer on here is for the guys bringing mvs and people setting up for the show. Im making some flyers for the general public right now and should have them next week. As soon as i get them finished i will send you on to pass out to the public. Their is just a few things on the flyer on here that is just for us and not the public.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone use a HAM radio during these rallys? I know they do at the GA rally, but wasn't sure about this one. I have been taking some practice exams and thinking about going for my technician license in the next month or two. It would be cool to meet someone knowledgeable to answer questions or just chat about related stuff. Maybe radios would be useful during the convoy? My handheld will operate on the same frequencies as the "walkie talkies" everyone uses now (FRS / GMRS), provided I can program in the right privacy code.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks