• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC MV & Surplus Show 14-16 April 2016

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Another great rally, lots of cool vehicles, good food, super deals but what makes a rally great is the people who come!!! :beer:Can't wait to see you guys again, Findly 10% chance Georgia Rally 99.999% chance.

cowboyballer

Thanx everyone for coming out and making this possible we had a great time lots of cool things to see and good friends to meet sure can't wait for the next one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everyone, thank you for a great time. I had a ton of fun and good times. It was nice seeing some faces and trucks again. Next year I hopefully won't be leaving town so quick and will do some of the Uwaharee trails and such.

The convoy was a blast and seeing the trucks stretched out was amazing. Adam, thanks for a great video... we probably should have kept just enough of our banter in before starting the music off, haha!

Maybe GA, maybe VA, but definitely next year!

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This year was awesome. It was only my second year and I had a blast. Big thanks to Garbee for the MKT; I feel like having the food onsite makes a big difference. The shooting range was a great addition and shooting the .50 cal was a lot of fun. It was a Bushmaster bolt action. Protip: wear both ear plugs and ear muffs when shooting a .50, ha ha. There was a parts run to Jim Henry's and he also sponsored a raffle drawing for those who brought vehicles. I'm really happy with the stuff I was able to pick up from the vendors this year and big thanks to 04mustang for bringing me that OE-254 antenna setup. The only things I really missed out on was riding in the HEMMT and the train ride around the park.

I took photos of the BBQ convoy lined up, the driver's meeting, and some at Wheelspinner's place. Many of you are in the photos, so before I post them, speak up if you have any objections to being shown. I'll post a link to all the photos on Dropbox since you can only post 10 at a time here and they are about 13MB each.

Landbarger

we probably should have kept just enough of our banter in before starting the music off, haha!
I debated this as it would have been a good intro. I didn't for two reasons:

1) I wasn't sure how the brief profanity would be received here on SS.
2) I haven't added any music before, so I wasn't sure how to fade out video soundtrack in the middle of a clip. :)

I saved the raw footage from the ride, though. So in the off chance that anyone wants ~15GB of bikeman and myself giving a Mystery Science Theater 3000 impression from the back of the convoy...just let me know.

CGarbee

I just wanted to say that I had a great time and am really, really, glad that I was able to take off from work. Missing last year was depressing...
I would like to thank all of you who ate at the MKT, and to especially thank those of you who helped out-either setting it up when I arrived, packing it up so that I could get home on schedule, or, biggest of all, performing KP duties and washing dishes... ;) It made bringing the unit to the rally easy.

I'll post a few photos when I get a chance to recover.

I'm planning on attending next year with the MKT...

Hopefully, I'll see a few of you this September at the Graves Mountain MV Trailrides and Rally so that I can see what you've done with all that swag that you purchased or won at this event... ;)

tacticalmike

Thanks to everyone that came out in support of this event! It was nice seeing it grow and we will be helping again next year. We made some new friends and put names with faces and had a really good time. The BBQ was awesome! So glad my friends at the gun range sponsored us and let us shoot for free and shoot their .50cal at only $5.00 per round. That was a lot of fun! The rally shirts and coins came out nice and the proceeds will go a long ways towards covering the cost of renting the property and insurance for the rally. Hoping we can make GA and VA this year! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Another Ahab

Thanks to everyone that came out in support of this event! It was nice seeing it grow and we will be helping again next year. We made some new friends and put names with faces and had a really good time. The BBQ was awesome! So glad my friends at the gun range sponsored us and let us shoot for free and shoot their .50cal at only $5.00 per round. That was a lot of fun! The rally shirts and coins came out nice and the proceeds will go a long ways towards covering the cost of renting the property and insurance for the rally. Hoping we can make GA and VA this year! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds like a blast overall.

I'll tell you what though, at $5.00 a round i think after one shot I'd stick to plinking with a .22. :naner:

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like a blast overall.

I'll tell you what though, at $5.00 a round i think after one shot I'd stick to plinking with a .22. :naner:
Yeah that's what some thought, until they fired that first shot! It takes a couple shots just to get used to the percussion wave hitting you, so I say you need at least 4 shots to really get the feel for it, ha ha.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It was good to meet you this year Mike. Thanks for all the effort to help advertise and promote the event, I think it paid off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks