• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Denton NC Spring Rally 25-29 April 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanM7890

Dang man! Was hoping to hang out with you!

Side note, put in my leave request today and approved. So, hopefully nothing comes up at the last minute to screw with it.
I think the Denton rally is a TON of fun and I almost say better than the GA rally for me due to location and people. Going to miss being around, but I’m still active on the board.

wilfreeman

I plan on being there at least Friday and Saturday - OF COURSE it still falls during my work schedule, so I'll have to take vacation. Not sure if the family will be with me or not. I'm in the final stages of body work on the USMC M38a1, so I'm pretty sure I will have it there this year instead of the one everybody knows. Just got to get the clutch changed, gas tank cleaned and lined, carb back from Old Jeep Carbs LLC and installed, and paint/markings done.

djstot83

I'm new to posting on here but I've been lurking in the shadows collecting Intel for I while lol. After much research I just purchased a 1990 BMY 1990 M923a2. I want to come to the Denton rally to meet people and check out some the awsome rides I here about on here. Anything special I need to do to attend? Thanks

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm new to posting on here but I've been lurking in the shadows collecting Intel for I while lol. After much research I just purchased a 1990 BMY 1990 M923a2. I want to come to the Denton rally to meet people and check out some the awsome rides I here about on here. Anything special I need to do to attend? Thanks
Come on! Just show up, bring a little cash for the gate and some grub. Tent if you want to camp.

michigandon

I forget what campsite prices were. Water and electric sites are more than primitive, of course. Gas stations amd food stores are about 5-10 minutes away.

LanceRobson

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the Denton rally is a TON of fun and I almost say better than the GA rally for me due to location and people.
If I was not antisocial myself the location and people thing might hurt my feelings. I do like the GA. get together but the dirt bikes buzzing around keeps the noise level during the day buzzing. I do like Denton with all the people and cool steam stuff to look at when my ADHD kicks in.

wilfreeman

If I was not antisocial myself the location and people thing might hurt my feelings. I do like the GA. get together but the dirt bikes buzzing around keeps the noise level during the day buzzing. I do like Denton with all the people and cool steam stuff to look at when my ADHD kicks in.
Same here - I like the GA rally and seeing the rest of "our" people that don't get to come to NC. The trail rides are usually awesome too. I'm just don't like hauling a trailer 3hrs to go to a rally that I can usually only attend for 2 days. There are trails about 15 miles away, but I've never taken my jeep on them. Last year Adam talked them into letting him use the train for a night ride - hopefully they will do that again since my daughter and wife are coming this year.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

microjeep

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ok here it is, in light of Cabell not being able to attend I will try to take up the slack.
A couple of things,
This is not a commercial operation it's a bunch of guys going together on meals camping, I will not make any money on this if any money is leftover it will go to the rally organizers.
I am NOT a chef! I do ok and haven't made anyone regret eating my cooking yet.
Be patient with me, NOT a chef
Meals will be $5 Each except Saturday dinner $7 child under 12 with adult $3 a meal
If anyone has any allergies or special request please pm me I will do my best.
I you want to participate please PM me which meals and how many people in your party, I will collect money at the rally.
Also there was talk about going to the gun range one day, if this happens no lunch that day

Wednesday, if enough interest I will do dinner please PM me about this
Thursday
breakfast eggscramble, biscuits, maybe gravy
Lunch, grilled chicken legs/ wings potato wedges
Dinner, baked spaghetti French bread
Friday
breakfast, eggs, link sausage, pancakes
Lunch, Uharrie convoy
dinner, BBQ chicken breast, macaroni salad, corn
Saturday
breakfast, eggs, bacon, hashbrowns,
Lunch, hamburgers , slaw, baked beans, chips
Dinner, Low country boil
Sunday
breakfast, pancakes, link sausage
Lunch if I can get a little help loading up I will fix anything left.

Menu changed to reflect convoy changes

I still need a griddle surely someone has one?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks