• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce 5th wheel

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The m275 had a short wheel base with no spare, the m48 had a longer wheel base (think it was the same as a deuce) and a spare.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All this M275 stuff reminds me of a funny story. Circa 2003 I was taking a little trip from Miami to Cinci OH driving my M275A2. I stopped at a truck stop on the section of highway in Knoxville TN where I-75 and I-40 share the same road. Fellow walks up and says "Nice 5 ton". I thank him then tell him it's a 2 1/2 ton. He says "Nope, it's a 5 ton. Drove them in the Army. They never made a 2 1/2 ton tractor". He also pointed out that they used to piggyback trucks the same way I was doing. I chose not to engage him on the one off piggy back device I was using. I did thank him for his service and showed him the -10 TM. He was polite and a little surprised that the little tractor did exist. All in all it was a positive encounter and he now knows the M275A2.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do have one and it is looking for a new home in order to help me fund a movie I want to shoot.

PM me an email addy and I can send more pics.
That is a Studebaker, isn't it? I would love to have that truck if I was closer. It would be a fantastic truck with a nice small trailer and LDS power. I hope it goes to a good home!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It would be a fantastic truck with a nice small trailer and LDS power. I hope it goes to a good home!
The M275's were never line haul trucks. They pulled shop vans, command vans and maybe some sort of missile trailer.

I pulled several van trailers and an expando van back from Redstone with it and it looked pretty happy hooked up to them.

It does seem to have a little more top end than a regular deuce but I'm told it has the same gear ratios.:shrugs: