• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce 5th wheel

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The m275 had a short wheel base with no spare, the m48 had a longer wheel base (think it was the same as a deuce) and a spare.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
All this M275 stuff reminds me of a funny story. Circa 2003 I was taking a little trip from Miami to Cinci OH driving my M275A2. I stopped at a truck stop on the section of highway in Knoxville TN where I-75 and I-40 share the same road. Fellow walks up and says "Nice 5 ton". I thank him then tell him it's a 2 1/2 ton. He says "Nope, it's a 5 ton. Drove them in the Army. They never made a 2 1/2 ton tractor". He also pointed out that they used to piggyback trucks the same way I was doing. I chose not to engage him on the one off piggy back device I was using. I did thank him for his service and showed him the -10 TM. He was polite and a little surprised that the little tractor did exist. All in all it was a positive encounter and he now knows the M275A2.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I do have one and it is looking for a new home in order to help me fund a movie I want to shoot.

PM me an email addy and I can send more pics.
That is a Studebaker, isn't it? I would love to have that truck if I was closer. It would be a fantastic truck with a nice small trailer and LDS power. I hope it goes to a good home!

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
It would be a fantastic truck with a nice small trailer and LDS power. I hope it goes to a good home!
The M275's were never line haul trucks. They pulled shop vans, command vans and maybe some sort of missile trailer.

I pulled several van trailers and an expando van back from Redstone with it and it looked pretty happy hooked up to them.

It does seem to have a little more top end than a regular deuce but I'm told it has the same gear ratios.:shrugs:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks