• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Battery Box

Varyag

My battery box is pretty bad but I have caught it before it got too rough. I spent a long time scrubbing out the flakes and rot and would like to know what you guys use as a rust stabilizer.

On a side note, while doing this I was using a 6k civy genset powering a 30 gallon compressor powering a large needle scaler. I don't think I could have made more noise doing this project if I tried.

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another thought if you want to upgrade, Boyce has the fiberglass battery boxes for the 5 tons for $45, just move the 2 handles to the wide side![thumbzup]

Seth_O

Mine came from GL with the plastic box. Every time I see a post about battery box issues, I read it so I can feel good about how I don't have any problems with mine :)

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another thought if you want to upgrade, Boyce has the fiberglass battery boxes for the 5 tons for $45, just move the 2 handles to the wide side![thumbzup]
hndrsonj, Could you give me the link to the guy with the fiberglass battery boxes? Thanks!!

Varyag

Time to upgrade to a plastic battery box Matt. Less hassle and no more grounding out issues:wink:
Hey, I had that fixed in like 45 seconds! I already addressed that issue. I went out and got some better cables to I could position the cable in a way that there were not basically in contact with the box.

I got the thing sanded and primed last night. It is way more fun in my opinion to fix something then to just get a new one anyway.

Varyag

After I sanded, scaled, and wire brushed the box it was actually in pretty good shape. I primered and repainted the whole outside, did a rust stabilizing primer and chassis paint on the inside.

It looks really good. I am going to reinstall it tomorrow once I am sure everything has cured completely. I think it will last a while like this. It feels good to get something done right.

I appreciate the links to the plastic boxes. I am defiantly going to keep that in mind if/when it gets bad again in a few years. The steel was pitted at the bottom but no where near eaten through. I just couldn't bring myself to toss something that would be fine with a little work.

On a side note, I did it in desert tan just to see how the paint would look. I think I am safe to use the color to do my bumper numbers now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks