• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce driver with gonads

FatBuddhaBoo

Right before I moved from Yucaipa to Banning a couple months ago, I poured 5 gallons of strained WMO in my tank and then took the deuce around the corner to the gas station to throw in a gallon of gas to thin up the WMO, a guy walked up to me and said "Isn't that truck a diesel?" I said "Yes Sir, 465LDT Multifuel.", so he says "You realize you're putting gasiline in that tank don't you? You can't put gasoline in a diesel, you'll blow that motor apart!", I replied "The gas is just to thin out the waste motor oil I poured in up the street.". The look on his face was FREAKING PRICELESS! rofl

:funny: No doubt!

lavarok

Once, I had a soft top come apart about 700 miles into a 900 mile trip. Long trips in a deuce let you become "one" with the vehicle. Good times and good memories. Its in those rare moments of clarity the ole girl will tell you her name....I was a little off my rocker at the end of that trip. A few days of sleep and I recovered nicely.

I hope the new owner arrives safely with stories to tell! God speed and good luck!

:driver:

Emmett

Yea, that was it but didn't know it sold on ebay. The 109 was in pretty good shape compaired to many that I have seen. It went to Toolie in '89 where I assume the steel floor was installed along with the MWO's. 4350.00 is a good price on that unit.
The farthest I drove mine was from Tampa to the Helen on wheels show and back. That seems like a long time ago.
I had several days to get ready for it and flat towed my 151 up there so I would have something small to drive around.
An interesting note is that I noticed that he didn't have a heater installed. I offered to sell him my extra heater kit (in the box) for a very good deal but he decided to turn the offer down as he wanted extra cash in the event he had a serious break down.
If he makes it ok, I'll bet this winter he will regret that! hahaha. It gets cold in Nebraska!:wink:

G-Force

I only had to recover my truck ("PINKIE") from 80 miles away.....and I bought my gaurdian angel.....good thing because it had spun rod bearings......God bless Phil, my "GAURDIAN ANGEL"!!!!!

Attachments

Emmett

I just got a text about 30 mins ago...he made it with no problems.
That's one lucky boy! I'll bet he spends the next 4 days in the rack with ringing ears and a grin. :grd:

joshs1ofakindxj

Reminds me of when I bought my deuce a year ago. I rode my KLR 650 about 412 miles from Pittsburgh to Syracuse. My plan was to put the dual sport in the back and drive home the truck. That plan became my only plan when I was about 2 miles from my destination and the rear tire on my KLR started to separate. It was new, but cheap, so it failed me and I got a refund on it later, but at the time I was stuck driving the deuce home with the bike in the back. The truck made the drive and I now have a memory that I consider one of the best weekends of my short life (I just turned 24).

Attachments

SD T16

Talked to him today. By the time we got his Harley loaded and he was on his way, it was 9:30 Sunday night. He told me he drove about 24 Hrs straight before easing back with naps. He checked his oil every other fuel up, but never had to add any. He got better gas milage during the day than night he thinks. Basically, The truck ran solid!
The only time he really thought something was wrong was near the end of his trip when he started off after fueling and forgot to put his ear plugs back in. He said he started hearing all kinds of things and everything was louder! Then he realized he had no plugs in.......:driver:

I want to give a special thanks to Emmet and Mike for coming through with the Turbo! Fantastic Job!!

SD

SD T16

Oh!... Did we mention.... This is also his First Military Vehicle!!!!

Nothing like Jumping in Head First!!

Emmett

to all the nay sayers, I'm glad you can't say "told ya so". I would have done it. In fact, If I didn't have to work I would have offered to be a co-driver!
No doubt I have always been a risk taker :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks