• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Driving lights

Josh

I added some extra offroad lights. There is now 9 of them. I took them off to paint up, just been to lazy to reinstall them lately.

Each one is a 100w H4 haligen, and they are bright alone. Havent had em all hooked up yet.

Attachments

tamangel

any prob in your state per vehicle code on the number of lights facing forward you can have on and/or covered? Height restrictions? Intensity? Just curious..

Mike

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
using these for my aux driving lights
These lights are former APC lights. Retains the military flavor yet provides and extra set of lights. The come in clear and infra red. I use to have a bunch that I sold. Now ATANKERSDAD has them for sale.

They're easy to took up and have a hi and low beam. I seem to recall seeing a DOT ink stamp in yellow on them.

I plan to have 2 clear on top of the bumper and an IR one in the bumper on my truck.

Plus a backup light or two and possibly alley lights on each side. Also thought of getting a wood handle and making a spot light (yes I know the ground is in the mounting bolt). A lot of possibilities with these MILSPEC lights.

unclemikey

Gee 5tonBeachBuggy, you could build a truck that is a bit more butch! That has got to be one of the most Bad A$$ looking trucks posted. I just can imagine someone driving a little hybrid seeing that thing coming at them in their rear view mirror. In a word "WOW" [thumbzup]

asgtoolman

Gee 5tonBeachBuggy, you could build a truck that is a bit more butch! That has got to be one of the most Bad A$$ looking trucks posted. I just can imagine someone driving a little hybrid seeing that thing coming at them in their rear view mirror. In a word "WOW" [thumbzup]

A little hybrid would not see anything but a front axle differential in their rear view mirror!!
Mighty nice beach buggy!!!

Thank for all the comments. The headlights are just at legal height 54". The horns are nathan K5HL's the winch is off the rear of a wrecker. Horns can be heard over a mile away. I mounted a real trainhorn valve on the dash.The landing lights can burn your hand if you hold it too close. Thanks again Mike.

Attachments

AN/ARC186

I bought a set of IR lights as well as 4 of the armor headlights atankersdad was selling.
Finally got around to mounting the IR's.
I was going to mount them on the bumper but figured I liked them too much to have them wiped off by a tree limb or such.
I got a set of composite light brackets, welded a bottom plate to the hoop and mounted them up this afternoon. I'm pretty happy with the results.
Once the rain quits, I'll fab up some brackets for the armor lights.
Wired up the IR's on their own on/off switch and am going to install a separate dimmer switch for them.

Attachments