• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce extras. The small things in life.

redcoat54th

OK, here is a question for those who served in Vietnam.

There has been a lot of talk about paint and markings. What about the things carried in the cab and in the bed?
Local added items like: radios, flashights, grenades, rifles ammo and mags, maps, webbing, smokes, C rations, first aid items (in a white painted ammo can maybe?) personal pics, ammo cans, jerry cans, clothing items, playboy?, locally bought items......the list goes on.
I want to show my deuce decked out how it was. Your stories and input most welcome. Bob

redcoat54th

drgreg, A Monkey! Well thats a new one but I can see it happening. I have seen a few puppy pictures of Vietnam era soldier pets. If this stuff does not get writen down its gone. I encourage you to scan the pics if you can. Its all a part of your family history. If you look at a picture long enough you usually discover something new about people, places and things.
thanks for the input. Bob

Attachments

DavidB

First; one hundred and six years in Royal Signals Op ?
To properly'' Kit " out a deuce with Vietnam gear consult the fine book by David Doyle.Warman's Vietnam War Collectibles many pages of photographs showing what was used.I have a couple of deuces I show with equipment on board it makes for some interesting conversations and helps pass the time spent with the shinny car crowd. You can get a copy from David himself, he is a member here.Good luck with your search .
DavidB

redcoat54th

Yes 106 years is a tad too long in any army! Should have been 1968, NOT 1868!! The older I get the better I used to be .
Thanks for the book tip, I'll look into it. Bob

Last edited:

DavidB

Again ; your math skills make me wish I could sell you a book,I could become rich.If you keep wishing you time away you will soon be Historic also,2968 ? Purely in jest!
David B