• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Facelift

engineer233

This is my duece I got last year and I finally got around to giving it a facelift. Im no bodyshop tech but I think it looks better. What are you're thoughts ? The winch is off of a local electric company of road truck. It's a 12 volt so I had to install a chevy alternator extra and another battery, but it works great.[/ATTACH] IMG_2220.jpg

IMG_2221.jpg

IMG_2222.jpg

IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2574.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

mikew

I think white bumper numbers, hood markings and door stars would really make it stand out... but it look great as is too!

engineer233

Thanks , I like it the way it is but I agree i need to change the bumper #'s . White will stand out alot better. Any ideas on the star for the door ? Stencil or decal?

OldDominionIron2

Cut out a 16" star out of posterboard, tape it to the door (top of the star is 6" below window, I beileve). Outline the inner and outer points with a pencil, then connect them with a straight edge. Mask the star with blue painters tape, cover the rest of the door with newspaper and spray at least 3 light coats of white (lusterless). Let dry and remove paper and tape. Repeat for other door.

KYViper1

I think that the numbers look good as they are. I might be wrong but I think that white numbers just wouldn't fit the era of the truck. I may be wrong though. Great job on the paint. You must know what your doing.

asgtoolman

Don't worry about not being a body shop technician; you probably did a better job than they would have because IT IS YOURS AND NO ONE CARES MORE THAN YOU DO ABOUT THJE FINAL PRODUCT!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks