• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce fuel line hose

bones1

Does anyone know where i can purchase the rubber fuel hose that comes off the copper line that runs under the radiator from the primary fuel filter to the injector pump i believe. Looks to be about 12-16 in long rubber with threaded brass fittings on each end. Thanks.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Memphis has them. They'll sell you the wrong one the first time (wrong size connector) and then be rude to you when you call them back.

Have a local hose shop make it up. One of the connectors is oddball (the one going into the IP) and they may have to make up some kind of adapter to make it work.

Other places like White Owl, Saturn, etc., may also have them.

Wildchild467

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had mine made at a hydraulic hose shop. If I was going to do it again, I would make it one piece from the injection pump to the primary filter and do away with the copper piece under the cross member. The hose would be routed so that it is not under the cross member also. I think it is JIC fittings on the injection pump.

I was thinking about this the other day and about how running used motor oil might be hard to pull through the fuel lines when it’s cold, so the bigger hose you can get, I would say the better. Cold oil sure is hard to push on my used oil filtering system at home with 3/8 hose. That’s why I am thinking about switching to ½” hose for my fuel supply lines. I have not sat down and looked at all the specs on the hose as far as what is compatible with the fittings on the primary filter and injection pump. I think the port on the injection pump is 3/8 pipe thread and the filter housing itself is ½” pipe…. I think. So I would go with the largest hose for those two. Don’t hold me to a lot of the information in this paragraph because I am still working on getting the specifics to see if it would be worth doing. It could be just a wild and crazy idea that would cost me money and wouldn’t make any difference. Haha.

whatadeuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also had issues with fuel lines and fittings while replacing my M35A2 fuel tank, and the installation of a spin-on primary filter. the 1/2" inverted flare nuts were not available through the regular auto parts stores, so I had to clean them and re-use them. AS for hoses , the NAPA store I went to could only make 3000PSIG hydraulic hose and a 16" made up line was $80. ! NO WAY ! So I used 1/2"OD copper. But other "hose" shops will indeed have fuel rated hose at acceptable pricews.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just had to put that line back on last yesterday while putting the truck back together. If I were keeping the truck that would be one of those simple mods to do. (Re-routing the line and making it all hose from the primary over to the pump.)

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had Packer Hose place make a hose to replace the copper line and the rubber hose. My copper line was damaged.
One less place to leak.

JCKnife

I had gone through this same issue and had a new fuel line made...but then I added a winch to my truck and found that the PTO-winch shaft is rubbing the new fuel line--bigtime. Now I need to go back to square one and re-do it. I guess maybe a copper tube with flared fittings? I do have a line flare tool new in the package, never used it. I'll have to figure this out!

I threw away the original fuel line, does anyone have the specs on it?

fuel line.jpg

Last edited:

JCKnife

I remember now that the original fuel line was a hard copper line coming off the primary fuel filter and then transitioned to a soft hose as it left the crossmember up to the IP. On a w/w truck what holds that hose away from the PTO shaft?

JCKnife

Trying to help myself here but coming up with more questions than answers.

Here is a pic from the winch truck that I parted out over a year ago. The frame is gone now but I think the line I'm after is still there in the front. Looks like maybe a hard-line extension at the end of the hose? (bottom-right of the pic)
line.jpg

Then, here is a pic of the fitting in my current truck. Can that little 45 deg. elbow be rotated a little so it holds the hose away from the PTO shaft?
fitting.jpg

JCKnife

I talked to Ken and got some good advice over the phone; he said for sure don't mess with the fitting on the bottom of the IP, because if anything goes wrong with it I have to pull the IP. He said the fitting I have on my re-made hose is too large and I need to replace it with a smaller JIC-6 fitting, then it should clear the shaft. I'm still not sure it will with it coming off the IP at that angle, but it's all I can try for now.

Katahdin

Not sure if it makes the difference you're looking for, but the line on my originally-non-winched 109 doesn't lead directly to the cross member, it curves back behind the steering gear and follows the frame channel before crossing. I haven't gotten to fitting the PTO and shaft yet.

I took this picture yesterday when I was replacing the plastic 1/4 inch line.

IMG_1639.jpg

Last edited:

Katahdin

I'm home now and can take pictures to show the rest of the story. The clearance for the shaft on my non-winch truck doesn't look too bad. I would say you could re-angle the fitting towards the frame based on what I see on my truck.

Attachments

JCKnife

Interesting, thanks! Yeah I had the IP off my parted-out truck sitting in a box at my office, and today I discovered the rubber hose segment of the old line still on it. I removed it and the elbow fitting came with it--it was barely more than finger tight. I can't see this being a "pull the IP" issue like Kenny said (although I hate to question him, he's certainly messed with this issue more than I have!)

I'm going to just have to try a couple things, but those pics are helpful Katahdin, thanks!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks