• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Fuel Mileage

cbvet

FYI:
My non-turbo deuce averages 5 mpg traveling at 55mph.
Adding desplined hubs gave me 6.5 mpg.
Desplined hubs & 45 mph gave me 8.7 mpg.
I will be traveling slower from now on!
Eric
CBVET

cbvet

I've seen a lot of posts the last couple of years from people getting much better mileage than I do.
Why?
My truck starts & runs fine. IP appears sealed like originally done.
I've done fuel filters & air filter. What's left that can affect mileage that much?
Eric
CBVET

Westech

CPL
fuel. I run very heavy fuel, ATF and such. You get more BTU's in a gallon of heavy fuel then lighter Diesel or Gas. Other things could be brake adjustment. I Keep mine very loose to keep drag down as much as I can.

Bill W

Driving from Virginia to So.Fla About 10mpg with the 8000lb purification body on the back ( avatar ) 52mph/2350rpm's, LDTA21C

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The number one job of a turbo is fuel savings. The HP increase is a side effect. If a turbo isn't in your future make sure the toe in on the front axle is set. This will bring drag down alot! I have found most of our duece fire trucks had the toe in set way off. Also make sure yor running max tire pressure in all ten tires. This doesen't sound like much but when you have ten tires scrubbing unstead of four then it adds up. You might also try some lucas injector cleaner. I've had great luck with it. It might clean up your spray pattern. I have lockouts and a airshift. I run all ten tires at 65PSI and try to keep it at 45MPH. And run 50MPH rarely. With short bursts to 55MPH only when nessary. I get 13mpg. But my turbo isn't close to stock anymore and i have ported and polished every intake/exaust runner i can get to. I'm adding a universal K&N strait to the turbo this weekend and see if that helps any also.

maxim

Turbo with no racks or canvas. 10-12 mpg. Pulling a trailer really knocks it down to about 8 mpg. Keeping it under 50, 45-48 seems to really help too. Did a 1250 mile round trip unloaded down there and loaded back 9.5 mpg. average. I call it keeping your foot out of the accelerator. But then sometime I just need to hear the C-turbo whistle....