• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce hiding out in the woods

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i finally got a chance to post some neat pics of this duece just sitting not for off the road in the woods. its only around 6 ft but most of the time you cant see it at all. this pics were last winter so you could see some of it.. i tried for over a year to see who owed the truck and the 105 that if you look close you can see it or who owned the land. since katrina all the land records for slidell were lost so no one knows who owns this land.. so i gave up ..

Attachments

CUCV85

:arrow:Take something big enough to tow that old timer out of there and rebuild it. We'll help you some how some way. Nice pics you have our approval RECOVER HER. I'm serious get going.

Last edited:

maybefixit

If the records are gone, and no-one is paying property tax, I think you can start paying property tax on it, maintain the land, and legally own it in 5-7 years.

Normally I wouldn't recommend that kind of thing, but if it really is abandoned, then you could claim it and own not only the Deuce but the land it's on.

Blood_of_Tyrants

You mean to tell me that the county doesn't have any records about who owns the land? No tax records or anything?

Check abandoned vehicle laws. Also, it wouldn't hurt the run the VIN through the DMV and see if you get any hits.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I would say M211 (appears to have dual wheels on the rear axles. Those old trucks are VERY well built and I bet that one can still be saved. Wonder if the flood water got to it?

It's a crying shame to see MVs just go to waste like that.

Chances are if you find the owner his answer will be: "It was running when parked and I'm gonna fix it up one day", OR..."heck that truck's worth $1500.00 for scrap and I will let it rot before I take less"!!!!! I've run into both answers many times and still can't understand either line of thinking when I could have done something useful with the vehicle.

Some folks just don't seem to care...not saying that's the case here.

Jakob

I'd check abandoned vehicle laws. With the looks of it, you could probably haul it off and no one would ever miss it. That's assuming you can do it legally with the aforementioned laws.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
that section might have flooded. everything else did.. so it most likely isnt much good.. i was told that there is even another one farther up into the woods! every time i go to slidell i do go by and check .. just to sell:-D

Lawrence of Arabia

I once watched an old camper on some property that the state bought. I was able to contact the owner and she would not commit to selling it to me. She lived elsewhere and so I drove by everyday watching it and calling her occasionally until it was gone. I called her and asked if she took it out of there and she said no. So as I watched it someone else moved on it.

Long story short. If your watching it, chances are someone else is to, so go for it if you really want it.

kendelrio

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad oceanic salvage laws don't apply...... Find a vessel floating abandoned.... hook up, tow it in and it's YOURS!

Last edited:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I went and looked yesterday. Tim's right it is about10 feet off the road and you could miss it easily. There is also a semi trailer box and a M109 box sitting there. I did not see another truck just the M211 and the M105 trailer. Everything is in very rough shape. Might be a few salvageable parts but truck is not. Tim, are you sure there is another truck there? I quickly looked but didn't want to go searching too far.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wonder if they cared if you went and looked? I didn't want to go tromping all over without permission. There definately could be a dozen trucks hidden in there it's so thick.

FrankUSMC

Side note here, I know this is NOT the case here but I want to pass this on to the new guys to learn from my mistakes. About 20 years ago, I found two WWII 1 1/2 chevys (4x4). As I was looking at them on this lot a guy came up and asked did I want to buy them. I already had over 20 plus trucks but did want some parts from them. I told him I would think on it and come back the following week end. Well, I came back with some cash, to see if I could buy the trucks and strip them. I did not want to hual the complete trucks home. While waiting on the guy to show up, another guy pulled up in a nice car, and asked what I was up to. I told him, he had a good laugh, and told me the trucks belonged to a lady in town. Then he told me I was about to buy them from the town drunk!! Who did not ever own them!
One of the few, Frank USMC RET

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i did buy a ford dana 60 rear end like that one time... it was just over the ditch in someones yard and the man sitting on the gas meter told me 10 bucks... and he helped me load it up.. later i found out the person that lived there wanted to know who stole the rear end out of her yard:oops: