• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce hood fixing

Privatewrench

I'm getting ready to repair my hood. It's not in too bad of shape, just has some warping and dents. Doesn't lay completely even from one side to the other. Looking at the support beams under the hood, it seems like the beams are bent. Like the hood was walked on and bent towards the engine. The gap from the beam to the hood is about 1 1/2", so not too bad, but could be causing my warping. How are your support beams on your trucks? Should the hood metal be flat against the beams, or is the gap normal (new normal).
Thanks

Attachments

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm getting ready to repair my hood. It's not in too bad of shape, just has some warping and dents. Doesn't lay completely even from one side to the other. Looking at the support beams under the hood, it seems like the beams are bent. Like the hood was walked on and bent towards the engine. The gap from the beam to the hood is about 1 1/2", so not too bad, but could be causing my warping. How are your support beams on your trucks? Should the hood metal be flat against the beams, or is the gap normal (new normal).
Thanks
I'm diving into repairing my hood. Several cracks and big gap between hood and support beam.

How did yours turn out? If you don't mind my asking what did you do? I'm planning on adding reinforcement to both sides and the beams.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks