• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce is sporting a new coat

poof

Dirty Hippie
Just did a repaint yesterday on the deuce.. had to match it to the M105a1 trailer i rehabbed.. that I took in trade on a paint job/body work I did on an M725 ambulance for a member here..so Just showing it all off...have to do the fuel tank and Tire stencils yet.. but all in all not bad for 5 hours tape and painting.. will look good in the Milwaukee Vet's day parade this year.

all the stencils are hand cut and painted.. even the Cadusus
J.P.

Attachments

poof

Dirty Hippie
While i was shooting the paint with onboard AIR.. I had a fuel return line burst... Naturaly I was around the back of the truck and didnt see any thing... till the GF said.. "you know your leaking stuff up front"

:shock:

for about an hour i had a broken half painted deuce. with oil spots all over the all cleaned front end , ready for paint body. and no compressor other than the on board one to finish painting..
got lucky. I had just enough line and fittings to repair it and drive on..
:razz:
J.P.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I'm doing with mine, athough I'm using spray cans and working MUCH slower. So far I have the front bumper and hardware done. :-| Your's looks awesome, thanks for the inspiration.

kcollum

Poof, That looks great may I ask what color that is and maybe type and color code. My deuce has a older dark OD under the camo and I really like the look you have achieved and would like to do the same.

plym49

Fantastic. My favorite color and marking scheme for a Deuce. What did you use and what did you do for prep?

andytk5

I just got a 1970 deuce that is desert tan and I have the rapco 686 tan in a gal and one more rattle can left from redoing my interior, dash, seats, etc.. to clean it up. I'd really like to tackle some of the exterior panels witht he gfallon now.

Can I use a small cigar roller to apply the paint? I plan to sand down the rough spots and take care of any rusted areas but everything is in good shape just needs some freshening. Thanks!