• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Light Rack Build

Got my lights in last night and painted them this morning before work. Wiped everything down with thinner and shot them with plastic primer and Rustoleum camo paint.

The lights are those "BAJA" lights you see all the time at Wal*Mart.

I chose these because of their size, the included covers, and the "stone guard" look, also because of the price.

I have another set installed as reverse lights and they have worked out really well, they have pretty rugged housings and mounting hardware and the 55w H3 bulbs don't seem to mind being run on 24v in series.

I plan on replacing the 55w bulbs on the rack with some 100w eventually, as long as the housings can take the heat.

Attachments

Hainebd

Yes I know. I have two tools. One like a hand rivet gun and the other like bolt cutter. I have use rivet nuts for 30 years. I have learned that drill hole. Check fit. Paint hole. Let dry. Install nut.

Hainebd

You are almost as bad as I am. I have so may half started projects that I have to finish some cause I am out of room to store parts. My plan is a light bar foward of windshield so I can mount the top of the mirror bracket to it. I have lights just not led so I may go your route and mount the lights I have in other locations.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks