• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce load cap.

Mogmans

Just in case anybody is curious, I have a M35A2C that I have fitted a 5 ton dump bed to(with extended sides), I have been making some trips to the local Martin M. quarry (40mi round trip)hauling limestone and caliche. The truck now weighs 17,580 empty. I have made several return trips weighing in at over 42,000Lbs!! it makes about 50mph loaded or unloaded, it just takes ALLOT longer loaded( btw I live in the costal plains of S. Texas and it's flat as a pancake here) My truck had a rear diff. problem when I got it so I neutered the rear diff by removing the rear drive shaft and taking a gas axe to the axle shafts, it seems very happy to be a single screw and nothing has gotten hot or broke.... YET!!
Craig

PS I am hauling material for a corral I am building, the truck has farm plates, farmers here seem to get a free pass as far as the DPS and local police, I am WAY over the licensed weight.