• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Loading Ramps?

Vintage iron

I roll 375lb 1400/20 tires with rims up and down mine ramp all the time. Having a ramp is hands down the best thing I have ever done for my 5 ton. Well that and the boarding ladder :)

barefootin

These are the ones I was originally going to buy as well. I'd seriously call some local moving companies and see if they have any used ones they want to get rid of. It's been a while, but I think I gave around $125 a pair for mine. I know I got all 5 of my ramps for under $300.....

Adrian A

So i finished mine tonight. These are going to be just right. I can move them around myself pretty easily. Im surprised they dont weigh more. They are about forty pounds each. Im very happy. Ill drive my truck up tomorrow to see for sure.

Attachments

Adrian A

I will tonight. I made these ten inches wide and 10 ft long. I wanted them to be just big enough to load my jeep, without being too heavy. They are just the right size that i can toss them around and still be strong enough. I welded every thing solid so it would be as stiff as possible. About six hours of welding continuously, not including cutting and fitting. Good thing i dont mind welding.

rolling18

those do look great!
I'd like to see the breakover/ highcenter angle...

mine would have to be nearly 15ft long to keep a stock grand cherokee from high centering.

the ramps for the bronco in my picture are only 8ft hehe obviously very high breakover:mrgreen:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great discussion!

Length really does matter, huh?

All jokes aside, this is all assuming you're loading/positioning ramps on level ground. Frequently, a handy depression, bump or ditch can be used to either drop your tailgate closer to the ground, or raise the low end of your ramps (think: backing into a ditch so your tailgate meets the other side embankment).

I've got a 1990 Ford Probe that I need to put in the back of our deuce sometime just for the grins of it. I'll post up some pics when I do it "sans ramps".

Adrian A

Those pins are pretty good size. The angle iron hangs on the gate and the end of the angle rests against the rear panel of the bed. My geometric guess is that the hinges share the load of the ramp around 60% with the rear panel. Every thing is very solid. My jeep weighs significantly less than my truck. I will not likely ever put any thing that heavy on those ramps again. I just figured if the truck can do it. So can anything else. The bumper of my truck was sticking into the cab of the deuce.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks