• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Deuce Mileage?

dc3coyote

I know this has been brought up before. Heck I read it last week.
There was never an answer theough so I will ask.
What kind of millage does a multifuel get with the different fuels.
Oh yea I read for an hour and a half before I broke down and asked.
Branan

Sarge

RE: Deuce Millage?

I keep records.
Over the past 11,692 miles, my deuce has averaged 7.6 mpg on straight diesel.
Was that any help?
-Sarge

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor

should get 10 mpg on diesel, any less probably indicates dirty injectors. at $3.50 / gal i would fix them

ygmir

I get 10-12 on diesel, easy running, empty. Less depending on load, hills, terrain..........
I'd say any other fuel will be lower, probably related to the difference in BTU's/gal, as a percentage...........

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Deuce Millage?

cbvet, 10 is normal so i would say yours is a good candidate for injectors that are not spraying a mist as they should. i would think you would see more black smoke than most people also. timing could be an important issue also and is very easy to check.

cbvet

Tom,
Non turbo. Does that make a difference in mileage?
Starts great, runs great. It definitely smokes, but I don't have another to compare it to.
I use diesel conditioner regularly. It's supposed to keep the injectors clean, but who knows?
I'll see if I can find timing instructions in the manual.
Thanks,
Eric

FormerNewMVGuy

Yeah the 70 psi in the fronts is great! I average 10 MPH on the highway with my deuce, and that is mix of clear diesel and the red offroad stuff, about 50%.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rebelpride said:
I thought I'd read in a TM somewhere that you can put 70psi in the tires. So instead of 50 i can guage them to 70 and be fine, not ill effects?
All of my original ndcc tires say 65 psi max, so I would consider that and their age/condition.

I have new commercial tires on the front of mine and they are at about 100 psi(talk about easy steering)! My rears are at 50 psi.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks